Help! My Smart Amazing doesn't work in Canada!!

Guest Matrix_dot_ca

Guest Matrix_dot_ca

Hi peeps,

I thought my phone would work in Canada. I am using Qtek 1.5 ROM. I used this before in the Phils using Globe and Smart SIM. But now when i inserted any GSM SIM dito ayaw gumana. "Network Denied" ang nakikita ko. Should i change ROM para magamit ko dito? Sayang naman kung di ko magagamit dito. Help naman po!!

Guest binky_p

don't change the ROM (yet), I think it has nothing to do with network connection. Try to check if the network your into is supporting GSM types i.e. 1G, 2.5G or 3G or the kind of bandwidths say 900 or 1800 or 1900 bands. (but i guess our sap is tri-band, so it should support any bandwidths)

Guest mariolouis

try going to programs/settings/telephony/band selection. change it to pcs band. my boss had that "network denied" problem when he went to the US. i told him to the same.

Hi peeps,

I thought my phone would work in Canada. I am using Qtek 1.5 ROM. I used this before in the Phils using Globe and Smart SIM. But now when i inserted any GSM SIM dito ayaw gumana. "Network Denied" ang nakikita ko. Should i change ROM para magamit ko dito? Sayang naman kung di ko magagamit dito. Help naman po!!

Hi! Kindly tell us whether you were able to use your SAP there in Canada after following some of the suggestions given in this thread.

• 4 weeks later...