help! i lost activesync connection after renaming .vol files

Guest neuromancer

Guest neuromancer

hi,

im trying to back up my contacts and appointments, i followed some tutorials i got here, but i might have missed something.

could you please help on the following:

- i renamed mxip_lang.vol to mxip_lang.vol.0 and mxip_initdb.vol to mxip_initdb.vol.0 through activesync explorer, i restarted my phone, and connected it to usb for activesync. But the problem is activesync cannot detect my phone anymore, the activesync icon remains gray instead of green. I tried renaming the files back to .vol but it says that i have no correct permissions, i already renamed the 'blank' .vol files created after restart so there will be no conflicts when i renamed .vol.0 files back.

I just want to copy the renamed files to my pc for backup. And restore these data back.

Is there any way out of this?

Has the mxip_lang.vol file something to do with this?

How can I restore my activesync connection?

Thanks!

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

:shock: hard reset.

remember the principle...renamed/deleted files will be regenerated on phone's restart.

since na rename mo yung mga .vol files, nung pag restart mo, gumawa ang phone ng bagong .vol files kaso BLANK ang mga to.

i have a tweak, its called mxip tweak. will point the mxip_initdb.vol to SD. medyo complicated but it works...di ba lopio? :)

Guest neuromancer

oo nga no? kaso kelangan ko muna ilipat yung *.vol.0 files ko kasi andun yung mga contacts, kaya lang hindi sya ma detect ng activesync kaya di ko macopy sa pc, saka di ko rin malipat to sa SD card kahit na rename na, walang permissions daw.

ano bang meron sa mxip_lang.vol?

yung contacts nasa mxip_initdb.vol d ba?

ano bang processes nag oopen ng mga files na to? balak ko kasi i kill lahat para di na nakalock tong *.vol.0 files para macopy ko na.

syensya na ha, beginner kasi :)

thanks bro :D

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

since nakopya mo na yung orig .vol mo (named .vol0), use smartexplorer to copy that file to IPSMMy Documents

rename mo to mxip_initdb.vol yung nasa IPSMMy Documents

then using PHM reg editor, go to HKCU > Software > Microsoft > Windows then click Values. Sa DbPath, tanggalin mo lahat ng naka type dun then ilagay mo IPSMMy Documentsmxip_initdb.vol

Restart. Dapat mag connect na phone mo. :wink:

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)
Pre ok na ang akin i was able to reduce further my mxip and i save 150kb of ipsm space, now my ipsm is 6.38mb na hehe :D

:lol: ok yan pare...basta ba makaka pag sync ka ng phone to PC. yun ang important. sana nga may 50kb na mxip file. :)

No problem pre i can still sync and install program. tomorrow im going to try again, ill try mxip at 128kb i wont put a single contact if it sync then ill stick to mxip at 128kb :)