Long time away

Guest blubear

Guest blubear

Hi I havnt been to this site for a while and have been busy reading the updates. I am a bit confused however. I gather there is a new orange update available for spv, but if you install it completely wipes your phone settings and apps. Also orange havent released the restore tool as promised, except a french version?????? . I have also seen reference to other roms like imate' and Qtek. In regards to the above then, which is the best to update with. I have the original chocolate eclair style SPV and have no intention currently of updating it, so to update the Rom on this which is the best way to go...... Also just recently my phone developed this annoying niggle whereby it shows and INDICATES' an SMS message has been received when in fact nothing is there. I contacted Orange, one operator told me to supply the IMEI number which i did, so he could do a diagnostic on the phone and to ring him back. Since then whenever I ring, their system seems to be continiously down, or the YTS trainee reading the instructions of a card the other end, does not seem to know what Im talking about.....Has anybody else experienced this, or does somebody know how to fix it. I have to raise the question, did the designers of the SPV in general, thoroughly test this phone prior to releasing it because it seems that this whole website is filled with enquirys from people everywhere, myself included, who have had trouble with it. Had it been a particular car for instance, it would have surely been recalled, or at the very least had free upgrades made to it to make it work correctly.

Anyhow gripe over, any help would be very much appreciated.

:x