BEGINNERS HOMESCREEN RESOURCE

Guest drblow

Scott2eyes;

Excellent post. Thanks for the walkthru.

Figured out my problem - apart from being a dumbass. I hadn't done the fix for the jMMS client and custom homescreen bug. It's a sticky on these forums for those who haven't (like me) caught on.

Anyway, thanks for the post, and look forward to your skins and walkthru. 8)

Matt. :lol:

Guest nedge2k

Does anyone have any tips for converting from SP2002 to WM2003. Im working on a multi screen skin and am basing it on LHV2. But LHV2 wont run properly on my E200. I want to figure out why before i start messing around with it. Cheers.

Guest scott2eyes
I can't figure ou why my ski won't show on my phone. All I did was change the pics. I opened it up with explorer and everything was ok.

Rename the XML file to Myskin.home.xml (instead of myskin.xml) and see if that works.

Guest E.T.-FREAK

No, That wasn't it.

nice try. I'm glad your trying to help.

thanks

what do you think about my friends.

(The name of my skin should show up under the home screen layout option right.)

Guest scott2eyes

Well, I renamed the XML in the file you posted to "crabs.home.xml" and put it on my phone, and it works OK- although you'll probably want to change COLOR_HOMETEXT to #FFFFFF (white) so the text shows up better when it's not selected.

Guest scott2eyes

Are you sure you're looking for the right thing? The name that appears in the Homescreen menu is the name set in the XML code (at the top, in the

bit)- not the name of the file itself. So it should still be appearing in the list as "beginner", as you haven't changed the name in the XML.

Hope that solves the problem...

Guest E.T.-FREAK

I just checked and it had:

simple

full layout

basic layout

large font

That was it.

My pic show up under background image.

But thats all that show up.

Guest scott2eyes

Did you manage to get the original "beginners" screen to work? (Or any other screens, come to that?)

And you're saving it in the right folder on the phone and everything (IPSM/Application Data/Home)?

I'm stumped as to what else could be the problem...

Guest E.T.-FREAK

Yes, I ot the original to work. Thats why I'm stumped about this all I did was change the pics.

My phone is a Mitac Mio 8380. (If that makes any difference.)

Guest goinnuts

could someone please post a code list for all basic colours please as i dont know which one is which. eg yellow orange blue ect.

or if any body knows where there is a list that would be cool.

many thanks mark.

Could anyone tell me how to use a picture as the background on other screens?

I know how to change the homescreen xml and bgimage, but I would like to move on and try to make my own theme with pictures on different screens..

Looking forward :)

TKJ

Guest scott2eyes

You can change the images for the alert, info and warning screens, but you need to edit the registry to do that. Check Midnights thread on registry tweaks in the Articles forum for info.

You can also use background images in the Programs menu if you use a program called SurrealStart, which has just been released to non-MoDaCo Plus members- check the thread in the News section for that.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest SasZs
is it possible to preview or run the skin on the computer before putting it on the phone

Is this actually possible or do you have to load the skin on to the phone everytime?

Thanks

Guest mike_t99

Congratulations Dr. Excellent work. I'm an MPX newbie and I knew if I looked long and hard enough someone would have posted a guide like this. Took me all day but well worth it.

(**Warning** possible dumb newbie question alert)

Where d'you get those funky MRU icons? Can the icons be edited also?

• 1 month later...
Guest Vill

Great Thread!

Can someone help me with this please...Which in the pictures in page one sets the color of the dotted lines in smart explorer? I seem to have made it white and so it doesn't show.

Thanks!

Ryvil

Guest Vill

Me again....was able to solve my last problem. However, i have a fresh one...

What sets the colors for the week and month views on calendar? My softkey colors are black for btnface and gray for btntext. The days on the unselected month are all black except the little shapes that show for meetings and such. On the week view, it doesn't say what day of the week it is at the top. Instead it is just all black. One large black bar on top of the week view.

Thank you!

Ryvil