Have I actually updated my phone?

Guest lininjim

Guest lininjim

After seeing the backup and restore link (thank you) on this forum I decided to bite the bullet and update my phone. I followed the instructions carefully, it showed every screen that Orange said it would and rebooted properly. When the phone came back up it recognised my Vodafone sim immediately and let me use it. I used the program called spvunlock2c and that worked but my non-certified apps wouldn't work after I restored them.

I followed another set of clear instructions from here to de-cert my phone and the apps now run quite happily.

When I looked on the Orange website it says that my screen should read UK customers - 1.6.1.02

My phone says 1.6.1.10

My question is, have I actually updated my phone at all or was this just a button pushing exercise? I used the download from the Orange site for the update.

:?:

Guest lininjim

I did wonder, but it says there will be two new features, Space Maker and Task Manager. I can't see these on my phone. Maybe I'm too new to this to be looking in the right place on the phone! Thanks for the reply though.