Remove Programs List is BLANK..

Guest BlackHowling

Guest zeta101

I had this problem before, the phone died and did some kind of partial hard reset or something, it decerted itself and put homescreen and all settings to default and it must have lost the list of all the programs i have installed cos the removed programs list was empty. All my apps and contacts were still there though.

Probably was soved when i did the 16.UK update because it just wiped everything and put it back to facotry settings, so i just reinstalled everything...you might have to do this is no one else has an alternative.

Please Help! what's wrong with my phone?

thanks again guys..

sa akin, i've experienced having a soft reset when i played my sap by changing home screen and turning the unit on & off frequently...

Guest BlackHowling

oh yeah....my did a soft reset. i didn't know why? i just turned my phone off, then on, then it did a soft reset. i think that was the reason why my remove programs list is empty.

when using activesync to remove the programs, it doesn't display all of the programs installed.

so, should i get worried?

Guest dinoalbert
some apps really dont appear in your remove program folder ( i dont know why) but you can still remove them by using your expolrer (file + delete)

hmmm IMO its not a good idea to delete Program files directly using File Explorer...I suggest you use Active Sync to Remove those programs.

Guest WeaponX
oh yeah....my did a soft reset. i didn't know why? i just turned my phone off, then on, then it did a soft reset.  i think that was the reason why my remove programs list is empty.  

when using activesync to remove the programs, it doesn't display all of the programs installed.

so, should i get worried?

Try re-installing all the apps you installed and they will come back in the Remove Programs, then you will now have the chance to remove them in case you want to.

Guest WeaponX

hmmm IMO its not a good idea to delete Program files directly using File Explorer...I suggest you use Active Sync to Remove those programs.

I agree to that. Some apps write files to other system folders and if you don't know these files or folders and if you only delete the executables and shortcuts, maiiwan sa yo yung mga files na yon and it will surely eat some space your phone's memory.

I agree to that. Some apps write files to other system folders and if you don't know these files or folders and if you only delete the executables and shortcuts, maiiwan sa yo yung mga files na yon and it will surely eat some space your phone's memory.

amen to that.another is,uninstalling the apps will restore the original settings of the phone's registry.

Guest tontontonyo

Question, i wanna hard reset my phone. ive done it before pero it just gets stuck on the white screen after pressing the action butter for like 2 secs. Then hang na. Am i doing it wrong? i remember just doing it that way tapos a menu appears and if u press 8, the phone will reset.

I decided to hard reset the phone coz my "REMOVE PROGRAM" list is empty. My Programs are not shown there and i wanna get rid of them coz my phone is so slow already pero i dont know how. Pls tell me how to hardreset the phone. thanks. ... . :lol:

Guest binky_p

wla bang how to hard reset sa "how to" repository sa thread ni pzee?...or you can just click this---> hard reset. :lol:

or next time try to use the SEARCH function of Modaco

Guest WeaponX
Question, i wanna http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?p=97945#97945>Hard Reset my phone. ive done it before pero it just gets stuck on the white screen after pressing the action butter for like 2 secs. Then hang na.  Am i doing it wrong? i remember just doing it that way tapos a menu appears and if u press 8, the phone will reset.  

I decided to http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?p=97945#97945>Hard Reset the phone coz my "REMOVE PROGRAM" list is empty. My Programs are not shown there and i wanna get rid of them coz my phone is so slow already pero i dont know how. Pls tell me how to hardreset the phone.  thanks. ... .  :lol:

Do you really need to Hard Reset your phone? Why don't you try reinstalling your apps first and see if they already appear in your Remove Program list and try uninstalling them later. If this doesn't solve the problem, then probably a hard reset will do.

Guest tontontonyo

-WeaponX, Well, i havent tried reinstalling the progs again yet pero i wanna hard reset my phone na rin coz there are a lot of unwanted files already. naka backup naman sya eh. Thanks for the info though. Cheers

Guest sonborj
Please Help! what's wrong with my phone?

thanks again guys..

On the issue of a remove list being blank, that happened to me when i changed ROM. Also when i reinstalled apps and placed the installation on my Storage Card.

Remove it using explorer na lang and then re-install ulit para marecognize ng ROM para mailagay nya ulit sa remove program list

Guest dinoalbert

you dont need to remove it using Explorer...instead you can uninstall the programs using Active Sync...click on Tools, then Add/Remove...all the apps you installed before are there.

the same thing happened to me though, but not all, about 5 to 6 programs were still there, I've tried using the activesync to remove it but the only programs i saw was the same as the one i saw using the add/remove program on the phone apps.