OTA Unlock, a new site, a new location.

Guest Will

Guest JamieDow
It's NOT GONE, Just moved!

The old OTA unlock method provided for developers by orange has moved, to reflect the new look site they have launched.

To Unlock your phone (spv and e100) simply follow this simple guide:

goto http://www.developers.orange.co.uk/

http://developer.orangews.com/orgspv/comdef.aspx

EDIT newer decert page is here

http://developer.orangews.com/orgspv/comdefq.aspx

Select 'Developers Zone' from the tabs along the top

Select 'Signature Devices' from the menu on the left.

Select 'SPV Classic' or SPV E100' from the list now shown.

Now click 'Disable/enable the security model' and follow the familiar instructions.

I have purposefully not given a direct link, so you have a look at their new site, and read the various terms and conditions.

Will

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The newer link worked perfectly for the C500 ;) Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Guest pd.ryder

I've tried 3 times to app unlock my "shiny new" (replacement) E200 today. Each time the site tells me I'll be unlocked in 5 mins but that was at 1230 and it's now 1900.

I'm really peed off now - I just need to install Sprite Backup and do a restore from the SD and I'll be fine.

I'll have a look back through this thread I think.....

Guest pd.ryder

Well, what a pile of pants!!

Still locked, tried it 6 times now in all and I've left plenty time between these attempts to give the system chance to "catch up".

OCS - surprisingly - don't seem to know what they're on about. I'm going to try to email developers.orange and ask then what's going on.....

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Phil Lee

I was having problems with the OTA site using Firefox. It said that the phone had been unlocked but I never got the message come up on my phone to confirm this. I switched to IE and the phone was unlocked in 30 seconds.

Edited by Phil Lee

Guest dan5001

I've just tried this on my SPV C500. The page you linked to was different (I guess your post is almost 18 months old) but I followed the process through, entered all the relevant details & the final screen after I clicked "Remove Security" was just blank. As yet, nothing seems to have happened on my phone?

How will I know if & when anything has happened & I can install progs. All I want to do initially is SIM unlock it so that I can use it on a different network.

I'm new to this stuff, so if I'm being dense or have done something wrong, please be gentle :?:

Cheers.

Dan

• 4 weeks later...
I've just tried this on my SPV C500.  The page you linked to was different (I guess your post is almost 18 months old) but I followed the process through, entered all the relevant details & the final screen after I clicked "Remove Security" was just blank.  As yet, nothing seems to have happened on my phone?

How will I know if & when anything has happened & I can install progs.  All I want to do initially is SIM unlock it so that I can use it on a different network.

I'm new to this stuff, so if I'm being dense or have done something wrong, please be gentle  :?:

Cheers.

Dan

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Doesn't work for me either. Too much trouble with the C500, will switch to MPX220

Guest squall

Id suggest you email them, the system is not great at all, ive not been able to use the site to unlock my phone for about 6 months.

I sent them an email and now have the application which unlocks my phone.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.