Just got an MPX should i Hard reset now?

Guest MECX

SOoooooooo my MPX came this morning (A DAY EARLY) from orage direct free on upgrade with 500 free texts a month :lol:

anyway :D im having a read because my phone needs to be off for2 hours so they can transfer the number to my new SIM (the MPX must need a different SIM to the SPV?) and read lots that people are Hardreseting there MPX's to get rid of all the crap orange put on to increase battery life ad speed etc..........is this true? does it work? The poll never lies :(

Guest awarner [MVP]

The MPX does not need a different Sim, it just when ever Orange send you a new phone they send out an updated SIM at the same time.

The old Sim then gets deactivated.

As for battery life and speed etc I've never had a problem with the MPX :lol:

Guest beersoft

I hard reset my mpx after about 2 weeks, but the only things i think you should look out for are:

not running the callerid app

removing all the usless junk from the startup folder

sticking all the lovely tweaks on

and getting annoyed with the voicedial thing

later

Owen

Sweet---whats wrong withe the voice dial (i heard the button is a pain) and what tweaks are best on the MPX? only one hour to go before i can play woo :D (oh by the way im well impressed with the hardware its so much better quality than my orginal SPV :lol:

Guest beersoft

its just the button to activate the voice tags is a pain :s

the tweaks i put on where mids speedy ones and alphafluxes unlocker.

and enjoy the usb charge thing :lol:

later

Owen

Guest Jiff Lemon

I nuked my as soon as I got it - Mainly to install only what I wanted, Not what Orange wanted me to have.

I believe the MMS and Caller ID things are the big battery killers. Couldn't comment as I never got to use either :lol:

ok didnt nuke it in the end--uninstaled the MMS program from remove programs (and the brushed homescreen seems to work fine)

IA caller ID didnt seem to be installed (wasnt on the remove programs list). Im a bit confused on what this does? is it a picture ID thing? isnt that useless on a flip phone.

Will see how the battery goes and then might nuke it :lol:

First impresions compared to my orginal SPV---Build quality is brilliant, call quality is millions of times better , the screen is much more detailed and its soooo much faster--i havent even tweaked it.

Oh and my girl flatmates liked it, said it looks cool and there glad im not using the other 'ugly' one anymore :(

Bugs tho---Even if you lock the keys (which you shouldent have to do on a flipphone) the on/off switch still works. if you dont lock the keys the volume switch will stil ajust the volume. oh and that jog wheel thing takes the piss--what exactly is it for?

:D im happy tho :(

Guest scott2eyes

When I decerted my MPx, I immediately put so much software onto the phone (not the SD card) that I crashed it and had to hard reset. Afterwards, it ran faster and had improved battery life.

My only regret is not discovering Orange Backup until after I'd lost all my pictures, contacts etc. etc....

:lol:

Guest paulie-mafia
ok didnt nuke it in the end--uninstaled the MMS program from remove programs (and the brushed http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>homescreen seems to work  fine)  

MECX, how did you manage to remove Motorola MMS? I tried and got told it couldn't be removed, presume that's because it is running automatically from start up? I want to get the Brushed homescreen working and Newbie reckons removing the MMS app is the only way to do it.

Also, stoopid question, but will this mean I can't send / recieve MMS messages?

Cheers! :lol:

I just uninstalled it from the remove programs list. BUT YOU DONT WANNA DO THAT. means you cant send/recieve MMS messages.

Go HERE

and install the .cab on the forth page--did the trick and your inbox opens much quicker :lol:

Guest ClintEastman
the http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=7695>Tweaks i put on where mids speedy ...

By using the speedboost tweak you are halfing the cache size of the MPx!!

Been having a fiddle with the sizes and have my MPx really flying!!!

It's stupidly fast now but im going to test for a bit and see how stable it is (the cache is now at a stupid size!!) :wink:

Guest ClintEastman

Change HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/GDI/GLYPHCACHE/limit to 40960

(This will speed up your whole phone!! i am still tessting this so do this at your own risk!)

Reboot?

Hmmm doesnt seem to work PHM reg edit just says unable to complete this alteration.

i unlocked my phone with alphfluxes .cab maybe that has sumthin toi do with it?

OK so i go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/GDI/GLYPHCACHE click values then click limit and change the value to 40860?

i did this and when i press done it says unable to complete this operation.

ami doing it right or do i have to add another key?

Guest Lourdes

This topic seems to have gone rather OT but I've a question rleated to what it was originally.

If I hard reset my Orange MPx what applications and things will be lost?

Guest awarner [MVP]

Welcome to the site :lol:

When you Hard reset you will lose everything you have installed

including your contacts. As you should be using Outlook your contacts

will be on your PC and the preinstalled apps can be found on your CD

that came with the phone.