ActiveSync on Mio 8380

Guest InclininWirefree

Guest InclininWirefree

Hey folks!

Am facing probs wit connecting via USB/IrDA to my 8380! Hve installed the s/w on pc, all connections r in place...i fire up the Async manager & it searches for connections...finally i get to a screen which confirms that USB is available, IrDA is available BUT "Unable to connect to device"

Any ideas wud b appreciated!

BTW all this is simply to install a file explorer on the phone...why doesn't smartphone 2002 come w/ one already!?!

Am facing probs wit connecting via USB/IrDA to my 8380! Hve installed the s/w on pc, all connections r in place...i fire up the Async manager & it searches for connections...finally i get to a screen which confirms that USB is available, IrDA is available BUT "Unable to connect to device"
A failure in device connection is often caused by a firewall running on the PC. If you have a firewall try turning it off.

BTW all this is simply to install a file explorer on the phone...why doesn't smartphone 2002 come w/ one already!?!

After a hard reset I often down SmartExplorer to the phone over GPRS. Try www.4smartphone.com/mobile (programmer menu) from the SPV.

Guest InclininWirefree

Thanx Martin!

Gonna give the f/wall a shot...

regarding the smartExplorer link, when was the last time u tried accessing it?...Mio over GPRS returns "alert - The page you are looking for cannot be found."!?!

any alternatives wud b appreciated!

www.4smartphone.dk/mobile

:oops:

Sorry about that :wink:

I also use these sites to download files directly to the SPV.

www.smartphone2000.com

www.smartphonefrance.com/mobile

Guest InclininWirefree

no worries!

however, something came up later to worry abt:

As I clik on the link to d/load the .cab file, i get the following msg:

"Installation failed. The program or setting cannot be installed because it does not have adequate system permissions. Please contact your service provider for more information"

seen that one b4? Jst wondering - wats the file size of the sExp coz i knw theres a file size limit of 100 odd kb on my service providers wap gateway!

pls advise...

Guest InclininWirefree

fair enough...

just a lil' something...i bought this phone from the manufacturer directly...so its' not one of them operator bundled deals...

anyways...pls do share w/ me the procedure to unlock my phone...wud greatly appreciate it!