Upgrade / Unlock / Programs problem

Guest prolific

Guest prolific

Hi All

Can anyone help before I lose my sanity

All was well until I did the 1.6 update, backup went ok, update went ok, restore failed with error messages of unable to restore mail.

None of my applications came back with the restore, so I tried to re-install Oxios ToDo List, which would fail to install. On checking other messages in this ng, I understand that the update would app lock the handset, so I did the orange OTA unlock last Sunday, by Weds it was still locked, fired of an email to Orange, no reply. Wasted 3 calls and an hour of Fri talking to tech support who did not want to help, go back to web site today and did unlock again. Hey presto, message arrives to say phone is now unlocked.

Still cannot install any applications ( Oxios ToDo, Ilium eWallet, Binarys Task Manager and Smart Explorer )

Phone has applications listed in Settings Remove Programs even though they are not on the phone, trying to unistall them does nothing

Installing any program just says 'name of application' failed to install

Can anyone help on what to do ( I want my phone back )

Thanks

Kal

Phone has applications listed in Settings Remove Programs even though they are not on the phone, trying to unistall them does nothing

Hmmm :? I would try this ...

Use windows explorer and goto IPSMWindowsAppMgr and delete one of the application named directories (i.e smartexplorer) and then try and reload the app.

See if that works [-o<

Guest prolific

Hi Martin

Was just thinking along the same lines, downloaded PHM Registry Editor to do this, goes through install without errors but does not appear on the phone or in the remove programs list.

I beginning to wonder if the phone is unlocked at all

I did as you suggested and the only directory at this location is Install and it is empty

Do you know how to check if the phone is unlocked

I did as you suggested and the only directory at this location is Install and it is empty

That must be the problem. For some reason the files are missing from AppMgr but the application names are still showing in remove programs option. There must be a way to delete the application names from remove programs bit.

Somewhere ?

I've a look a the registry and the application install data is created in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Security/AppInstall. It has keys detailing the Install directory and the uninstall file (directory+tmp file) which you say is missing from AppMgr.

The problem is that the remove programs needs the .tmp file in AppMgr and I'm not sure what's in this file or how to recreate it. Maybe someone else knows ?

TBH You could always do a hard reset and start from scratch :shock: :cry:

Guest prolific

Not ready for a hard reset yet, still looking for a solution, but have established phone must be unlocked as Oxios Hibernate (Freeware) 1.20 installed ok.

I hade same problem with some app i can'T uninsatll these i did that and it's work for me you can do same otherwise hard reset is last way to go

1-go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Security/AppInstall and there can you find a key for all app you have on phone just delete app key you have problem with

2- On phone use explorer and go to IPSMwindowsAppmMgr and delete folder/files to app you have problem with

3- reboot your phone and after reboot you can see inn programsettingremove programe that you don't have app name there

4- now you can remove all folder and files to that app in programefiles on sd card or on IPSM check statup folder and startmenu to

5-now you can install app again on your phone

IT'S WORK FOR ME BUT THER IS NOT GARANTEE THAT IT'S WORK FOR YOU YOU ARE DOING THAT ON YOUR OWN RISK

Guest prolific

Thanks for the info but

2- use explorer and go to IPSMwindowsAppmMgr and delete folder/files to app you have problem with

There are no folders to delete, except for the new application that I installed.

3- reboot your phone and after reboot you can see inn programsettingremove programe that you don't have app name there

All still there, unfortunately, no matter how many times i try to uninstall them, no errors are reported if I go to uninstall.

4- now you can remove all folder and files to that app in programefiles on sd card or on IPSM check statup folder and startmenu to

No folders or files exist for the applications mentioned in the list.

If I do a hard reset will I lose the application unlock and or the the 1.6 update, if not then that seems like the easiest way out of this problem.

Can anyone confirm what happens after a hard reset.

Also can anyone tell me where does the phone get the list of applications installed to start with, maybe I could attack that list.

Guest prolific

The plot thickens, I cannot get the PHM registry application to install as a MSI but using the wonderful smartrun app I managed to get the PHM cab file onto the phone and installed.

Hold breath, go into registry try and delete keys and guess what

Error unable to perform this operation

I did find another key under HKEY_CURRENT_USER Software Binarys, Oxios etc, deleting one of these keys worked but still can't install or uninstall

A hard reset will restore the phone to it's 'out of the box' state except that it now uses the 1.6 ROM. You will lose all your own data so check you have a backup of contacts etc.

It will application lock again but its very easy to unlock.

Note that after a hard reset it takes longer to boot up first time.

Make sure your battery is not too low before starting.

Posted from my SmartPhone!