UPDATE: Auto Switching Bluetooth BETA 1.05

Guest MrMagoo

MrMagoo,

Thanks for creating this software. It was real pain before, switching ON bluetooth before driving and switching when not needing it to save up-time.

The software works fine but only 2 things I wished it could do :

1. A way to permanently enable the auto switcher application. Currently, by default the phone closes the last application when a sixth application is opened. So, very likely the auto swither get closed without you realizing it. Suddenly when a call comes in, you start to wonder why the call is not transfered.

I currently copied the .exe file to Start Up folder to automatically enable the auto switcher when switching ON the phone but don't know how to keep it activated with multiple application is opened.

2. Like danch and Paul mentioned, the program swithes ON the bluetooth while using GPRS. Unnecessary drain on battery.

Guest MrMagoo

slight update - should be useful for those with gprs problem. not much else.

outgoing calls are still a problem - bt will not turn on until the call is connected for these - which is too late for the headset to kick in - and i can't force headset mode....

Guest mardeman

I dont see any CAB file. When I unzip the ZIp file, I get BLautoBT.001 and an XML file.

I would really like to use this file.

HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP please.

Thanks.

Guest MoRFLeZ
I dont see any CAB file. When I unzip the ZIp file, I get BLautoBT.001 and an XML file.

I would really like to use this file.

HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP please.

Thanks.

That's because you are trying to "unzip" the cabfile! Your computer probably thinks the cabfile is a zipfile. Just place the "zipfile" on your phone - and run it to install like any other cabfile....

Edited: Also check out this topic: >>Is it a zipfile or cabfile

Guest mardeman

Thank you for that. Aside for the fact that I am now sending the phone back to orange. it Works.

I have a stuck 4 key - allocated as a speed dial to my parents. Not the best of people to keep calling !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest MrMagoo
Outgoing Calls don't work ?
I wanted it to also turn on bluetooth for an outgoing call, but something (i don't know what) is turning it off again - you can see the bluetooth icon come on then off again if you watch carefully during an outgoing call (you have to set it to "Start New Call" to see this).

What's the diferents in Incoming Calls between :

Start New Call

Offering

Connected

These are the messages TAPI sends to the program when a call comes in (well - some of them - thare are more but these are the ones i chose to put on the menu)

Start New Call - this is the first event when a call comes in or goes out

Offering - this means there is a call incoming (comes after a Start New Call event)

Connected - this occurs when the call is answered (you pick it up)

You may wonder why i put these on - well partly for testing purposes and partly because i like to offer a choice ...

However my personal preference is to use "Offering" - because i have not figured out how to tell the difference between an outgoing and an incoming call at the "Start New Call" event , and turning on bluetooth once connected is way too late.

Guest MrMagoo
MrMagoo,

Thanks for creating this software. It was real pain before, switching ON bluetooth before driving and switching when not needing it to save up-time.  

The software works fine but only 2 things I wished it could do :

1. A way to permanently enable the auto switcher application. Currently, by default the phone closes the last application when a sixth application is opened. So, very likely the auto swither get closed without you realizing it. Suddenly when a call comes in, you start to wonder why the call is not transfered.

I currently copied the .exe file to Start Up folder to automatically enable the auto switcher when switching ON the phone but don't know how to keep it activated with multiple application is opened.

2. Like danch and Paul mentioned, the program swithes ON the bluetooth while using GPRS. Unnecessary drain on battery.

Just updated to 1.05 - now has an option to "stay alive" - if it tests out ok i will put some code in to save settings and reload on reboot so that you don't have to keep checking the options.

Guest MrMagoo
"]Cool, good work!

Do you envisage you will be able to get outgoing calls working?

P

Thanks!

Outgoing calls are only a problem because something is turning the bt off . if i can figure out what is doing that it would be a good start to solving this problem (i could maybe shoot it with a sawn off shotgun or something).

Until then i think we are stuffed!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest marcdale

Hi MrMagoo

I'll give the app a go and see how I get on. I've looked through the trail of messages you have and you don't seem to have been asked this one.

I have a problem where by my bluetooth headset and my bluetooth car kit, while pairing ask if I want to use the device as my 'headset'. So I can't use them both, I have to keep removing the pairing and then setting them up again depending on which device I want to use. I leave it as my headset most of the time now as it's a pain, but it's a shame to waste the car kit.

Any thoughts on being able to switch the 'headset' selection from either my car kit or my headset quickly?. Both devices actually work fine, e.g. they kick in with incoming calls etc. But it's kind of permenantly one or the other if you see what I mean.

Any thoughts, tips, suggestions or changes to your little app would be great! Thanks

[email protected]

Guest marcdale

Tried the app, outgoing calls problem as you know. I've noticed that my bluetooth symbol stays and I do get some sounds through the ear piece briefly. Curiously even after I have exited your app fully I still can't use my headset. I went into the bluetooth menu, switched it off and then back on again and it started working fine again.

Question : Have you looked at the possibility that your app is not actually disabling bluetooth during an outgoing call, but is actually unsetting the nominated 'headset' device, so it's not sure where to route the sound as apposed to just switching off bluetooth. There must be a registry setting some where which specifies the headset device, maybe.

Kind Regards

[email protected]

Guest MrMagoo
Any thoughts on being able to switch the 'headset' selection from either my car kit or my headset quickly?. Both devices actually work fine, e.g. they kick in with incoming calls etc. But it's kind of permenantly one or the other
I don't - i haven't delved into bluetooth here, I am just using an api call to turn BT on and off.

Tried the app, outgoing calls problem as you know. I've noticed that my bluetooth symbol stays and I do get some sounds through the ear piece briefly. Curiously even after I have exited your app fully I still can't use my headset. I went into the bluetooth menu, switched it off and then back on again and it started working fine again.

Question :  Have you looked at the possibility that your app is not actually disabling bluetooth during an outgoing call, but is actually unsetting the nominated 'headset' device, so it's not sure where to route the sound as apposed to just switching off bluetooth. There must be a registry setting some where which specifies the headset device, maybe.

Kind Regards

[email protected]

I also sometimes get the BT symbol staying on even though it is actually off! You can tell it is off because the blue LED is not flashing. This seems to be a bug in the phone's BT implementation as all i am doing is calling the BT on/off api - however I will investigate further to see if I can help to avoid this problem.

Answer: as i said, this app just calls an api to turn on/off BT - nothing more - nothing less.

Guest MrMagoo
Thanks for the reply. I'm looking in to it too. Do you have a decently registry editor by any chance? PHM is hanging my phone

i use the remote registry editor tool you get with evc++ but i wouldn't say it is good - although it doesn't hang my phone like PHM does

• 4 weeks later...
Guest dvernole

A very useful tools !

Is there anywhere a little help about all active functions ?

In the options menu some items (options in subitem 2) appear always disabled. Is that right ?

Thanks 8)

Guest MrMagoo
A very useful tools !

Is there anywhere a little help about all active functions ?

In the options menu some items (options in subitem 2) appear always disabled. Is that right ?

Thanks  8)

The disabled options are always disabled until I find a way to make them work :)

Ask any questions about the other options and I will answer them

Guest dvernole
The disabled options are always disabled until I find a way to make them work :lol:
I hope you could complete your wonderful tools as soon as possible (the outgoing feature are also important).

Ask any questions about the other options and I will answer them

Incoming calls (3 subitems also)

Log

Stay Alive

Thanks for you support :)

Guest MrMagoo

I hope you could complete your wonderful tools as soon as possible (the outgoing feature are also important).

Incoming calls (3 subitems also)

Log

Stay Alive

Thanks for you support :)

See my post further up this page for the incoming calls info

Log writes a log file of messages/events - only useful for programmers wanting to see what happens during calls

Stay Alive - stops the opsys from killing the app (it tends to do that when it wants memory)

Guest MrMagoo
:oops: hi guys im new to all this :oops:  

where do i put the cad files?

if you are new to this - first lesson is use the search at the top of the page... this has been covered many many times

Guest blaise_genolet

First I would say thanks for this wonderful app.

I use the version 1.05.

I found a small bug; if I switch on bluetooth (manually) then the app switch off bluetooth (for an incoming call) instead of checking the status of bluetooth and switch to on only if bluetooth was off.

:shock:

I'm not sure that I'm clear :roll:

Guest MrMagoo
First I would say thanks for this wonderful app.

I use the version 1.05.

I found a small bug; if I switch on bluetooth (manually)  then the app switch off bluetooth (for an incoming call) instead of checking the status of bluetooth and switch to on only if bluetooth was off.

:shock:  

I'm not sure that I'm clear   :roll:

you are clear but I would be very surprised if that is happening because the app does exactly what you describe.

When a call comes in - it checks the current state of Bluetooth and remembers it. Then if BT is off it switches it on.

When the call ends, if the BT was OFF before the call, the app turns it back off, otherwise it leaves it on.

What can happen though is that the BT icon can get out of sync with the actual state of BT, showing it as ON when it is OFF for example...

I use this app every day and have never had it turn BT off when it should not.

So, can you re-create the situation ? and confirm that the Blue LED flashes when you think BT is on ?