UPDATE: Auto Switching Bluetooth BETA 1.05

Guest MrMagoo

Guest bassamrss

I have an i-mate "Pocket PC" phone and could not run it. It says the CAB file is not a valid CE application.

Any one succeeded running it on those phones (HTC ones like i-mate, XDA 2, ... etc)?

Thanks.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest prettieh_meeh

hi..i tried to install this app. but it doesnt work..i put the app to IPSM/WINDOWS/START MENU/ACCESORIES..and install the file..after installing the file, i tried to open the app. but it doesnt work?can someone help me how to make it work..thanks in advance..& how to turn the bt on..does this app work on spv2002?

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

Hi prettie :)

I believe this wont work on your SP2002 unit as the app is designed for SP2003 platform.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nealks

I have installed it and it work fine on my O2 Xphone 2003. Only one problem, the first call after the application is run, connects bluetooth and disconnection fine. But when the second call comes in, it connects and never disconnects after a call. I will have to use the phone Bluetooth function to switch it ON and then Off.

Is there a problem within that I can resolve or is this a glitch with BETA copies....? Much appreciate your solution. Saves much battery power. Cheers.

Guest MrMagoo
I have installed it and it work fine on my O2 Xphone 2003. Only one problem, the first call after the application is run, connects bluetooth and disconnection fine. But when the second call comes in, it connects and never disconnects after a call. I will have to use the phone Bluetooth function to switch it ON and then Off.

Is there a problem within that I can resolve or is this a glitch with BETA copies....? Much appreciate your solution. Saves much battery power. Cheers.

If it is like mine, the BT is off, but the system BT icon stays on ... seems to be a bug in the system which I cannot control...check this by watching for the blue flashing light - no light - no BT - seems more accurate than the little icon...

• 1 month later...
Guest Brody

Any chance of letting us developers know how you achieved this: UPDATE: new option "Stay Alive" - stops phone from shutting the app down in the background?

Would be useful for me!

Guest wappinghigh

Hi this sounds like a great app. How do I actually get it from my pc onto the phone and how do I run it on the phone? Thanks

Hi this sounds like a great app. How do I actually get it from my pc onto the phone and how do I run it on the phone? Thanks

please, read a whole thread before asking such basic questions. I think this' been answered two times before you asked, only in this thread :evil:

well, you copy the CAB to your smartphone using active sync's Browse function. go to smartphone, my device, storage, windows, start menu

there you copy the app. or somewhere else, if you have a filebrowser on your smartphone i.e. resco explorer.

then you open the CAB file on your smartphone, with your smartphone. either using the filebrowser or reboot your smartphone, and open the file in the startmenu. it'll install the app, remove the CAB file and place the shortcut into the Accessoirs folder of your start menu.

Guest deadeye

Great App.. I was actually 80% complete of making my own however I was unable to trap the call coming in.

Anyway I installed it on my 02 Smartphone 2003. Works fine HOWEVER I can no longer RECEVE MMS though gprs!!! Close your program then they all come in..

When I go to receive a MMS I see the gprs icon for a second then it closes. Don’t know what your program is doing.

I would love for you to share the source code to this one so a community can work on it. I think this app is a necessity for your smartphone and im horrified that this functionality doesn’t exist already on the platform.

Are you continuing development on it? Are you willing to share the source?

Guest MrMagoo
Great App.. I was actually 80% complete of making my own however I was unable to trap the call coming in.

Anyway I installed it on my 02 Smartphone 2003. Works fine HOWEVER I can no longer RECEVE MMS though gprs!!! Close your program then they all come in..

When I go to receive a MMS I see the gprs icon for a second then it closes. Don’t know what your program is doing.

I would love for you to share the source code to this one so a community can work on it. I think this app is a necessity for your smartphone and im horrified that this functionality doesn’t exist already on the platform.

Are you continuing development on it? Are you willing to share the source?

Can you run this version (debug version) while trying to receive mms and send me the output file called BLautoBT_log.txt which will be in the root folder on your phone.

Thanks.

(I dont have mms setup so cannot test it myself)

BLautoBT.zip

Guest MrMagoo
This build seems to be good.

I can send receve MMS and also my alarm works again.(i suspect your app to stop that also)

Please find log attached.

That build was functionally identical to the previous one, but with extra logging....

No-one else has ever found a problem with this app stopping alarms ( there is nothing in the code even vaguely related to alarm notifications ).

Please try this version which has the extra logging turned off by default - if it works for you - keep using it, otherwise turn on logging and try again - then get back to me...

BLautoBT.zip

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, great application - and it works with a pocketpc (XDAII,MDA2).

Is there any chance to modify it for a real pocketpc version ?

(Hide doesnt work,...)

Guest MrMagoo
Hey, great application - and it works with a pocketpc (XDAII,MDA2).

Is there any chance to modify it for a real pocketpc version ?

(Hide doesnt work,...)

Have you tried googling for "BT Tools pocket pc" - i think that does the job on PPC and more...

I'm using the BT Tools from Tobias.

But he has stopped the developpment.

And there are several problems with the BT Tools.

The BT Tools are replacing s system-DLL.

And now, the new OS Version 1.72 is comming with better Bluetooth support so the BT Tools are not needed. But the function for Auto ON/Off is still missing in the OS.

Guest nico35

Hi,

are there some command line options to start this nice app from Startup with keep alive actived and hidden ?

kind of :

BLautoBT.exe -h -k

Nicolas

Guest perondeau

Hey,

Sorry for my bad english but I am french !

I use your program and thanks a lot because it's very cool but do you planned to activate for outgoing call ?

Thanks.

• 6 years later...
Guest sneil
Features:

1. Absolutely Free

2. Incoming call switches on bluetooth. (takes a couple of seconds but IS quick enough to enable the headset to answer the call)

3. Call disconnection turns off bluetooth (unless it was already on when the call came in). ** update

4. No comeback - if it works it works - if it doesn't I will attempt to help those people who give decent feedback.

5. The app now has a front end which allows you to quit the program. ** update

8. multithreaded event driven architecture uses minimal resources while inactive. **new

Future developments will hopefully include:

1. settings to run a user chosen app on certain events such as incoming call, disconnected, on hold etc..

2. ability to swap to headset midway through a call

enjoy

UPDATE: new option "Stay Alive" - stops phone from shutting the app down in the background.

the extension of the files are .001 and html...i on clicking the setup file i get the message file not supported