MP3 Ringtone ?

Guest chalkyf1

Guest shadamehr
Can anyone tell me if I can use a MP3 track as a ringtone on my E200. If so how do I get it on to the phone,  

Many Thanks.

Not sure if you can use mp3 - but on an E200 you CAN use .wma - so if you want to send me the mp3 you want to use, I can convert it to wma and send it back.

My experience of doing this is that wma ringtones of around 40 second length are around 515K, whereas the mp3 equivalent I do for my N-Gages are around 595-620K...

Hope this helps.

Can anyone tell me if I can use a MP3 track as a ringtone on my E200. If so how do I get it on to the phone, 

Many Thanks.

MP3 cannot be used for Ringtones.

However you can convert any MP3 file by using an external converter to MP4.

Then it works.

Regards

Gerhard

Could've sworn Baby D's "Let me be your fantasy" on my original SPV as a ringtone was an MP3... Maybe not?

No idea, my Qtek8080 came as a "barebone" (no contract, no SIMlock).

I also wanted to upload an MP3 ringtone. It was there and the ringtone menue showed it up. But it did not play :-(

So I checked in the registry to find that MID, MP4 (and maybe WAV and AMR, can't remember at the moment) are supported. No trace of MP3.

That's why I converted the clip into MP4 and then it played.

Maybe MP3s are playing and there are special formats, which have problems to be played on the phone, no idea.

Did you check what the manual says about it ?

(Confess, that I didn't check either :-/)

Regards

Gerhard

Guest shadamehr
Could've sworn Baby D's "Let me be your fantasy" on my original SPV as a ringtone was an MP3... Maybe not?

You might well be right...

BECAUSE the Original SPV, and E100, or rather Smartphone 2002, did not support .wma - this is a new feature of Smartphone 2003 as per the E200.

It seems however (though the jury is still out), that in so doing, they dropped mp3 support.

Personally however, I REALLY don't mind, as this is one area where .wma really is better, smaller, compared to mp3, so I have loads of .wma ringones on my phone, that sound good, and don't take much space up!

Guest shadamehr
No idea, my Qtek8080 came as a "barebone" (no contract, no SIMlock).

I also wanted to upload an MP3 ringtone. It was there and the ringtone menue showed it up. But it did not play :-(

So I checked in the registry to find that MID, MP4 (and maybe WAV and AMR, can't remember at the moment) are supported. No trace of MP3.

That's why I converted the clip into MP4 and then it played.

Maybe MP3s are playing and there are special formats, which have problems to be played on the phone, no idea.

Did you check what the manual says about it ?

(Confess, that I didn't check either :-/)

Regards

Gerhard

MP4?

Any idea if the E200 supports this, as I've never heard of this before on a smartphone...

Sure !

My ringtone is MP4, because MP3 doesn't work.

Plays in the same quality like MP3, that's why I converted it to MP4.

Watch out for free MP3toMP4 converters on the web, convert your sound clip and use ringtones in phascinating quality !

Regards

Gerhard

MP4?

Any idea if the E200 supports this, as I've never heard of this before on a smartphone...

• 2 years later...