SPV Battery life (since upgrade to 1.6)

Guest Spaceman Spiff

Guest Spaceman Spiff

:lol: my SPV battery life since the 1.6 upgrade has gone from 2-3 days (with 256Mb SD card) to 24 hours with no card whatsoever!! Has anyone else experienced this problem?

What are the magic tips I need to do to get my old battery life back??

Thanks,

Spiff

• 2 weeks later...
Guest freekster

Yes - exactly the same happened to me three days ago. I posted on help and advice forum and one suggestion was to downgrade to 1.5 from the Swiss Orange site. I downloaded last night but didn't install. However last night I also switched the phone off, waited 30 secs and rebooted. I charged all night and today have had 4 bars all day -with an SD card in. Go figure.

Guest awarner [MVP]

As I said the 1.6 update gives irratic battery life :?

As for having the SD card in the phone, this does not affect the battery life on the E100. SD and Bettery life is a problem with the E200.

Guest R4N6ER5-RE4DY

After upgrading, I installed the LCD plug-in & digital dashboard. For the next few days battery life was about 12 hours. I removed the above and the battery life rose to aprox. 36 hours. Before upgrading I used to get 2 to 3 days. Has anyone else noticed this with the plug-in?

Guest Dr_StrangeTrick

My battery life has improved since the update as well as programs like PocketMusic performing better :)

I have never had 2-3 days ever, but since the update it has gone from about 18hours to 30hours standby.

Working from home latley I can 4hours constant talk time :D

Guest nvkid909

have just bought a [solar] smartcharger 150 from maplins. it charges 5 aa size rechargeables (tho its a 15hr charge in good light) & has a lead with a nokia plug on it (spv adaptor fits the nokia plug). when folded its about the size of a spectacles case.

you then recharge the phone from the unit. i reckon this might come in handy on train journeys & the like.

Guest therealmaninblack

When I upgraded my battery time went down , but following advice off here I got it back up to about 2 - 3 days between charges (on standby most of the time) by adjusting the homepage to Full Layout and time out to Never. Made loads of difference.

Guest nebrekab

Since installing the upgraded my battery has died!

I charge the phone till the cows come home and it still always displays"Warning main battery low!".

:x Bastards!!!

Anyone know where I can geta new battery for my SPV (Canary)?

neb