Mobile Stolen!

Guest HardCharger

Guest HardCharger

Hi All!

Please be on the look out for a Motorola MPx200. My brother's unit was stolen in the T. Morato area a while ago. :evil:

We tried calling but the bum who now has it but the schmuck keeps dropping the calls and doesn't answer the messages sent. :x

One of our consulations is that when the juice runs out, that's it. I don't think the thief has any means to recharge it.

Since there is most likely a limited number of MPx200s here in the Philippines, please be on the look out.

If it helps, I can also post the phone's serial number later on so if someone is trying to sell it to you, you know it's a hot phone. :!:

Any assistance and suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

if you have the IMEI number and the original receipt, you can have it blocked by ntc so no one else could use it. and i don't think there's a program for changing the imei number of the the mpx 200 yet unlike some nokia and SE units wherein the IMEI number could now be changed.

and if the unit is still on, you can contact someone from your mobile network to trace which cell site it's using and you could locate the perpetrator. kung gumagana pa sana yung smart person finder, that would really have help. but i haven't seen that application in a long time.

kung gumagana pa sana yung smart person finder, that would really have help. but i haven't seen that application in a long time.

it's still working... it was now called WISL...

i should know... di ba richard? :wink:

Guest kalinte

the problem with smat locator is it only gives you the general location so i dont think it would help knowing where your phone is. pa block mo n lang. even that wouldnt help. for high end cell they're changing a chip in your phone that provides the IMEI.

Guest crinkles

a friend of mine experienced the same scenario. His 3650 was stolen, the culprit changed the SIM. Fortunately, may kakilala sya sa SMART sa Switching and Operations, they were able to get the new number being used by the culprit. Here's the catch, the one who was using it eh iba na, he bought it daw sa Greenhills, nakipag-trade-in sya. My friend threatened him, he said that if he'll not give back the phone, he can no longer use it kasi papa-block na nya. Still fortunate, nakuha nya ulit yung phone. Just thinking maybe this would help. If ever mawalan man ng power yun, I bet he'll find a way na ma-re-charge yun.

Guest HardCharger
whre did your bro get it and how much? may warranty? thanks

We got our units in Hong Kong for about 30+K.

This includes the phone, travel charger, car charger, spare battery, free leather case, and free camera.

We also shelled out a bit more for 512 MB SD cards. :lol:

We thought it was a cool deal for the price so we jumped on it.