E100: GPRS & Ringtone

Guest adriandaz

Guest adriandaz

Hi, just got my new E100 today, locked to Orange, so I upgraded the ROM to 1.6 and unlocked it, I am now on O2 and have just got my settings from the GPRS page. All seems to be ok.

But I was thinking, I used to browse the net on my Nokia 7210 with GPRS, and now (it seems) I just have to use WAP (slower?) is there anyway where I can use GPRS all the time? and when is GPRS used ass apposed to WAP on this phone? does it auto switch for downloads and so on? by thr way, the G is "always-on"

I would like to run MSN on my phone soon, just wondering whether it will be using GPRS.

Also, what type of ringtones can I use, and where can I get some?

Is there a way I can download Pictures from my phone to my PC?

Can't wait to test my speakers I bought for my phone :lol:

sorry for all the questions, just a keen n00b here :D

thanks,

Adrian.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nvkid909

no worries also new owner.

i think the way gprs works on this is better, you are still using it but you pay for what you send (i think) ie accessing web page, sending messenger instant message, downloading attachments etc.

ringtones need to be wav.files, they take up waaaaaay much more space than mp3 tracks. i use a 128mb sd card, this gives me space for: a whole cd/lp album (wma or mp3), one decent tune in wav.file for my ringtone (radio edits are better) & maybe two or three very short wav.s for message tones.

for transferring files between pc & memorycard its best to get a card reader then you just copy & paste between them.

for some reason, using activesync for this is slower. if theres not enough space on the card or phone it tries anyway, you sit there like a lemon then it says it can't do it! if you hook up a card reader instead, it's read the card already & will tell you if theres space or not. also, right clicking on the "removeable device" (sd card) window & clicking on properties, you'll see a pie-chart for space used on the card.

my personal ways of getting wavs are either recording tunes into wav format on the software that came with my personal stereo, or through my sampler (naughty!) or even, using the sound manager function to record some disgusting bodily noise. :shock: :oops: :lol: