Agile Messenger 2.0 - New Version - Beta program available

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest wilko81

Been using version AM-SP-12 on my Orange SPV-E200.

Works really well, occasionaly i get an error where it fails to connect to MSN, but it does it second time round.

Couple of improvements i can think of for it:

Re-align the screen as when i type a message, the left most letter of what i type is off the screen to the left.

Integrate the users email address into the name list or somewhere on MSN , as when someone sends me a message with one of the daft names or comments a lot of people use instead of their name, I have no idea who it is.

Sometimes it only vibrates and doesnt play a sound, even with the checkbox ticked, when receiving messages.

Other than that, the way it works seems very good, i like the way it puts all the new messages to the top of the list and allows tab bars to scroll between active messages.

Guest kooKyGuY

The latest beta works good except for sending message to trillian, via ICQ. On trillian, the message just shows up as the codes for font size, color, etc, and the message sent doesnt appear at all. I'll have to turn on the ICQ client and see how it works with it. All my ICQ contacts use trillian though. :lol:

i've used AM today, and before it would let me connect it notified me that there was a newer version. so i downloaded it and installed it. i'm now on SP-13 ..... does anyone (or someone from AIM) know what the differences with this version are ? i cant see anything different.

cheers.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest casperr

This works perfect.

Is there a cab file for this so I can beam this program to my friends without having to use the PC? I only have the exe file, I need the cab file/

Thanks

Guest chrisc28
This works perfect.

Is there a cab file for this so I can beam this program to my friends without having to use the PC? I only have the exe file, I need the cab file/

Thanks

Ok, I've extracted this. It's not a cab file but a exe file that will run on the phone. You have to create a shortcut in the Start Menu if you save it into the storage card.

Messenger.exe

I tried this again and when I ran it there was a message saying new version available, download now? I downloaded and installed it and I still can't get it to work... It says it's version AM-SP-13

I'm in the US on T-Mobile with T-Zones Pro (not the full internet browsing package)

Here are the messages I receive when trying to connect:

AOL: Unable to connect

Yahoo: Unable to connect

MSN: Failed to connect to MSN service. Please verify your username / password / internet connection.

Version 1.0 used to work, but now I can't even get that to work either.

I can browse regular internet sites fine...

Guest mpx4ever

yoos,

I am having the same issues. Maybe tmobile has blocked the application port somehow??? I have the tmobile 4.99 tzones plan as well. I was able to use agile messenger just fine with all the services until 5 days ago when the it asked me to upgrade to a newer version of agile messenger. So, that indicates that maybe the new program does not use port 80. Now I'm receiving a trusted certificate error while trying to install the upgrade and the application will not load correctly, although it does load, but I cannot connect at all now. I have a unlocked mpx200 with alphaflux app unlock installed and the original firmware loaded on tmobile. All other services including web, sms, mms work great for me right now. I would love to use agile messenger without paying that 19.99 for tmobile. any help would be appreciated!

went to www.agilemobile.com and the site indicates that the smartphone version is still at 1.0, all other versions are at 2.0?? We should not be prompted to upgrade to a newer smartphone version, right??

Guest haso0on
First of all:

HasoOon, try to learn how the program works before you come down on it's functionality. Agile Messenger is the program I use mostly on my phone, and having tried ALL Messengers out there on PC platform I can tell you that this is a VERY well made program with most of the functions a Mobile Messenger needs. Also, it's free! I see all these program come out that they charge way too much for (in my opinion all phone programs should be free, especially the ones that come out on the market very unstable).

Niklas

ya i ment when i log into the Agile Messenger 2.0's MSN.... it doesnt show my list, it doesnt show me whos's online, mayb only 2 or 3...the rest are not shown...also when i go to option, view offline, it doesnt show all of them...

whats wrong?

got the same problem. It only shows a few contacts online but the others (also online) are invisible. In fact some are not even visible in the offline list. When one of those buddies sends a IM I get the sound but does not see the buddy online. For that I have to select also the offline list to see how is ping me. I wish I could switch back to version 1.0 but it seems to ask me for downloading the new version and I can not overcome that

anyone has ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kevvjons

Ok hi guys just joined up this morning in the UK

What i need to know is will this thing work with my Nokia 3660 with my o2 pay monthly account i have the program installed on the phone but it just wont connect to any of the messengers.If its of any help i can send and receive picture messages taken with the phones camera no problem.

Thanks for any help :roll:

kev

Guest bluntsideQtek7070

OMG this is SO cool.... i have MSN on my PHONE!! hahah i knew it was a joke when i saw the actual MSN program on the phone and it didnt work straight away...but this! it works...!!! however all of my contacts show up but only a few said they were online...but the others that i knew were online but it said they werent i could still msg them....weird?

Anyway heaps good welldone...any chance of getting it to look like the actual MSN or a bit better or EVEN GETTTING THE MSN one to work taht came with smartphone??

ALSO...IS THIS EXPENSIVE?? How much does it cost to use MSN??

Guest Tomas Kocanda

We are testing it on two phones. Both now show all contacts offline, even when those people are online. When you display also offline contacts and try to write to the person, it works. Simply is not visible, who is online and who not. Anybody else experienced this recently? It does both ICQ and MSN services...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest xavierjohn22

Any plans of putting indications that you are using agile in your phone not your pc?

Its the same status with what the yahoo messenger displays via PC.

Guest flobble

i found 1 thing with agile is if u got a lot of contacts on ya yahoo list it dont show them all it seams 2 b limited 2 20 or 30 contacts any1 else found this?

Guest mrdanne

MSN does not work in AgileMessenger for me either any longer. I can connect, but the most of my online friends are shown as offline. I had the same problem with Miranda in my PC, updated the MSN plugin and it workt, so maybe Microsoft has done something with the MSN protocol?

(Built in MSN Messenger is working on the phone)

/Daniel

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.