Agile Messenger 2.0 - New Version - Beta program available

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Tomas Kocanda

All my MSN and ICQ contacts are permanently offline in Agile Messenger 2 beta. Even when somebody send me message, it will not appear until I will switch on "display offline contacts". Even then are all people "offline" but if somebody send me message, number of message(s) appear next to this offline contact. Strange...

Guest kooKyGuY

Installed the latest version of agile messenger for windows mobile 2003 and it still has the bug with icq. When i send a message to someone from it, over icq, to trillian they get a warning saying im using an old icq version and message may not be displayed correctly and the messages i send come out like shown below, for them. Do the developers check these forums? I have wondered how to report bugs to them.

{rtf1ansiansicpg1250deff0deflang1051{fonttbl{f0fmodernfprq1fcharset238 Courier New;}}

{colortbl ;red0green0blue0;}

viewkind4uc1pardcf1f0fs20hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmpar

}

I installed the latest version as of today and it has a problem with the status of people in Yahoo and MSN. It says a Yahoo contact is online when they aren't and it shows MSN contacts online when they are away.

Guest Tomas Kocanda

I downloaded latest version yesterday (automatic download from the phone) and it seems like MSN contacts and ICQ contacts works fine now. Plus there is few new features...

Guest trewang

i downloaded the latest version today on sp2002 on mpx200... logged into aim.. got my buddy list and all.. i can receive instant messages but when i reply the recipient doesnt recipieate!! (receive)... so basically i can only receive messages... why!?!

im on tmo free wap in the US

Hi!

I'm using Qtek 8080 an I installed Agile beta (AM-SP-14) and just want to say that ICQ works perfect. I'm very pleased about this program!

Guest Eric5273
i downloaded the latest version today on sp2002 on mpx200... logged into aim..   got my buddy list and all.. i can receive instant messages but when i reply the recipient doesnt recipieate!! (receive)...   so basically i can only receive messages...  why!?!

I have the same problem. I love this program and the user interface is great, but no point if it doesn't work properly.

Since Agile doesn't work, I purchased imov messenger from Handango. imov works fine with AIM, but the user interface is crap compared to Agile. And imov doesn't download your contacts from AIM -- you have to enter them manually. But at least it works. :?

Hopefully they will fix Agile soon so I can switch back to that.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Two small things that would make it a lot better:

Scrolling of MSN display names!

An option to view the email address of MSN contacts.

Guest kooKyGuY

Since they now have it listed for download on the main page it must be out of beta. Im using the windows mobile 2003 version. Each time I start it it tells me their is a new version and asks me if i want to download it, even though I have the newest version. Every so often, I tell it ok and it installs, then when I start it again, it still says there is a new version.

I was hoping they would make it compatible with trillians icq also. Since trillian is a multi im messenger like agile and very popular, it seems like they would. Messages sent via icq, to someone on trillian, come out with a bunch of code and junk. Almost everyone I know uses trillian.

And for some reason I can't get messages to send to anyone on aim.

I do love the interface and today plugin, but I have to stick with IMplus, or use the original pocket pc clients for icq and aim. I do use agile for yahoo and msn though.

Guest djboo

hey, just thought id post this to make things clear for a few peeps, specially those on O2.

the o2 network (and probably others) has a http proxy for net access on gprs. what this means is all web requests are grabbed by o2, they then get the web page for you, and then pass it back to you. sorta like a middle man. they probably do this to lower the quality of pictures or something similar - to keep size down.

However, if you do anything other than web access, you're screwed. I dont think its really up to the agile guys to fix this... Doing IM over proxies is messy business, and is gonna be even more prone to problems. plus, on your network, your gonna have issues with most apps. i personally would just move to a different network if i found out i was being stiffed like that.

*loves his flatrate orange gprs*

It seems to run great on my MPx200 using AT&T wireless.

However, I can only receive incoming msgs, which is very strange :-x

Equally as strange (if not more) my AIM contacts have been renamed using the old (and im talking old here) renamed contacts using dead AIM. I havn't had dead AIM installed on my computer for quite some time, and I have no clue how it figured that out, especially since renaming contacts is done locally.

<lost and confused>

Tony.

Guest bbojovich

This program works just great on my SPV E100

I tried the previous version as well, but in no way I could make it work before!! It simply wasn´t connecting!

This version is completly ok!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rbauer

I am not able to send any messages to other people using AOL AIM. I have seen a few other posts that may be the same issue. I am able to log into AIM. Get my contact lists and recieve IM's.

However if I try to initiate an IM or reply to one the person on the other side never sees anything from me.

I really like this program wish I could get it to work.

Has anyone been able to get this to work??? Especially interested in any fixes you mave have had to do as well as the version you may be running.

Thanks...

Rbauer

Motorola MPX200 - Smartphone 2002 - AT&T

• 1 month later...
Guest deefer

Hi all.. I've got an SPV on O2 pay as you go and I downloaded/installed agile.. all works fine n everything but the problem is when I connect my phone diverts all calls to answer phone.. Is it because my internet settings use csd/wap instead of gprs ??

PLUS I cant find the settings for GPRS O2 in the Uk.. I used to have them set to use gprs for internet connection and gprs for wap connection.. where are they ?!?!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.