Cannot add a new jMMS profile

Guest FuNKySoULyBrO

Guest FuNKySoULyBrO

Hi, i anybody has this same problem? I open jMMS, go to Settings, select profile, then select edit. After doing all the changes, including the name of the profile, i select "Apply", but in the profile select page, there's no such newly created profile. Wats going wrong here? My teleco operator is not in the list of default profiles it had, thus because of this stupid thing, I can't send/receive any MMS.... :evil:

Guest chrisc28

Go to IPSMWindowsstore

you will see your profile xml files for jMMS. Copy out one of the files and do the neccessary modifications/set up.

Then upload them onto your phone.

If you encounter problems, just post your settings configuration here. I'll try to sort it out.

Guest FuNKySoULyBrO

Thnks dude. Managed to create a new profile by building my own xml file. But still can't work. But i believed it's my telco( Singtel ) problem, which dun have support for the mio phone....

Guest SMARTBRAIN

i have the same problem with jMMS profile.. i can't seem to pick any profile in the setting ... go to jMMS and select setting and profile but there isn't any profile to choose from.. although i've already made APN MMS Setting in GPRS connection setting .............so i can't edit or add a profile.....what's wrong with my mio? any body can help???

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kady.tao

First, open JMMS,go to settings,select profile in MMS connect settings,then

select choice,the settings will change in use connect settings. JMMS can't

edit and add a profile,Because the manufacturer enact parameter already

beforehand. :roll:

Guest Voldemort

quite simple:

- cut the xml files from IPSMWindowsstore

- paste them on your pc

- write your own settings with a normal text editor (obviously from pc); use the old ones you took from the phone as model

- save as Company_profile.xml (instead of Company use yours)

-put it back on IPSMWindowsstore

-now try to open jMMS... everything should be right :)

Guest chrisc28
quite simple:

- cut the xml files from IPSMWindowsstore

- paste them on your pc

- write your own settings with a normal text editor (obviously from pc); use the old ones you took from the phone as model

- save as Company_profile.xml (instead of Company use yours)

-put it back on IPSMWindowsstore

-now try to open jMMS... everything should be right :D

Echo? Hehe :)

Guest intruder
Go to IPSMWindowsstore

you will see your profile xml files for jMMS. Copy out one of the files and do the neccessary modifications/set up.

Then upload them onto your phone.

If you encounter problems, just post your settings configuration here. I'll try to sort it out.

I went to the IPSMWindowsStore. But inside there is blank. What has happened. Can i create a new one there or anywhere to download?

Thanks for the help.

Guest chrisc28

Gotta let you guys know something. If you are using the official ROM, the store folder will be empty.

The xml files in the IPSM/Windows/store folder only exist for those using the extended ROM.

Guest chrisc28
But  I use the official Rom,the store folder won't be empty. It have a lot

of the xml files. You are not likely to unlock your smartphone. Download

address:http://mio.mitac.com.cn:/1000/mio8380/unlock.jsp :idea:  

or www.justmio.com :idea:  

I can get my the xml files to you if you need. :roll:

Oops...sorry. Made a mistake cos I din notice it at first.

Guest intruder
just tried to be more detailed crisc28  :oops:  

intruder here some examples

Sorry for the late reply. I tot no one responded to the thread as there are no notification.

Try to download the file but can't open. :?

Also got this query. I have found some files in the Windows folder and they are quite big too. It's something like this.

MsgQueueMapFileMicrosoft Broadcast Message SMS Protocol (Receive Only)

And there are a few more of something identical. And also with big mem consumption about 1.65mb. Can i delete them away?

Sorry for the late reply. I tot no one responded to the thread as there are no notification.

Try to download the file but can't open. :?

Also got this query. I have found some files in the Windows folder and they are quite big too. It's something like this.

MsgQueueMapFileMicrosoft Broadcast Message SMS Protocol (Receive Only)

And there are a few more of something identical. And also with big mem consumption about 1.65mb. Can i delete them away?

dun think you shd try anithin funni, aniwae im using m1 and am using jMMS juz fine, be it editing the existing Profile (Sunday) or inserting a new profile by using the way stated in the earlier post. Initially went to the Bugis branch to let the helpdesk do it, but after an hour they told me they cant do it so i decided to managed it myself. :roll: Got my phone exported from taiwan since i figured its cheaper rather than purchasing it locally :wink: upgraded my ROM to 55 as well :) Nice to find fellow singaporeans over here~*cheeRs*

Guest intruder

dun think you shd try anithin funni, aniwae im using m1 and am using jMMS juz fine, be it editing the existing Profile (Sunday) or inserting a new profile by using the way stated in the earlier post. Initially went to the Bugis branch to let the helpdesk do it, but after an hour they told me they cant do it so i decided to managed it myself. :roll: Got my phone exported from taiwan since i figured its cheaper rather than purchasing it locally :wink: upgraded my ROM to 55 as well :) Nice to find fellow singaporeans over here~*cheeRs*

Yeah, great to find countrymen here too. By the way how can chk the ROM ver? I am a newie to this baby. Same here called up m1 and they are lost too, called me back abt a week later and gave me the mio support address, till now, there are still no news yet. Can help me by PM or post the M1 setting? I got my GPRS working fine just the mms still screwup......sigh..... Thanks in advance. :D

Yeah, great to find countrymen here too. By the way how can chk the ROM ver? I am a newie to this baby. Same here called up m1 and they are lost too, called me back abt a week later and gave me the mio support address, till now, there are still no news yet. Can help me by PM or post the M1 setting? I got my GPRS working fine just the mms still screwup......sigh..... Thanks in advance. :D

to find the rom ver, goto settings>about, scroll down til u see Manufacturer: X.X.XX.XXXXX

mine is 1.0.55.12191, meaning my rom is 55.

Assuming ur WAP connection is set, just copy the file attached to IPSMWindowsstore and u should be able to select M1 as jMMS MMS active profile :)

aniwae, take note that the paint job of 8380 drops easily..

u can actualli find alot of info w/in this forum by doing a search, including how to convert mtv/movie to view on the move :D

M1_profile.rar