I need to downgrade and lock my phone to SMART: need help

Guest activeingredient

Guest activeingredient

Fellow members, who is willing to install SMART rom into my SAP? i need to have my soft keys replaced sa Brightpoint. problem is i dont have a pc, and i need to have my phone SMART locked to avail warranty, I just went to BP last sat and na-tyempohan na chineck ung IMEI ko...17 digits. so who can help me? I work at makati /enterprise towers... dun sa office may pc but I dont have the time to do it myself. I live in valenzuela naman so kung sino ang malapit at makakatulong let me know.

Either if its for a fee or for a free. :lol:

sms me at 09189431847

Thanks very much.

activeingredient,

why dont you go to any smart wireless center and have the customer care officers install a smart rom in your phone?1.7 nga lang ang ilalagay nila.suggestion lang naman.what's your rom ba?

Guest activeingredient

Its got Qtek running, got this 2nd hand and was already running Qtek when I got it.

Reg. 1.7 would it be easy to change it to Qtek Rom once na-install ang SMART Rom ver 1.7?

Though SMart naman sim ko... sabi saakin mas mabilis daw ang Qtek rom. is this true?

active,

the smart 1.7 and qtek roms are likely the same.since smart naman ang sim mo,ok lang siguro na mag 1.7 ka nalang.pareho lang naman kasi ang features ng 2 roms na yan,eh.smart ang sim ko but i'm using qtek.ayoko gumamit ng smart na rom plainly because galit ako sa kanila. :evil:

Guest activeingredient

Pyke,

Thanks for replying. I assume na free lang ang install ng SMART rom sa phone ko right?

Since you said na same lang ang speed nila, ill settle for a SMART rom na lang. Will go there today.

Thanks again.

ya,free lang yung installation nila.ikaw pa nga ang bibigyan nila ng gym bag,eh.i'm just anticipating the possibility na baka mag-switch ako ng carrier kaya ayoko ng smart na rom.you're welcome. :lol:

Guest activeingredient

Hi Pyke,

I have SMART upgraded my software to 1.7... thing is its still openline.

Any ideas? Really need to have it SMART locked, also how do i check the IMEI number?

Thanks.

Guest dinoalbert
Hi Pyke,

I have SMART upgraded my software to 1.7... thing is its still openline.

Any ideas? Really need to have it SMART locked, also how do i check the IMEI number?

Thanks.

:shock: why do you want it Smart-locked? you said you just came from Smart and had it upgraded to the 1.7 rom.....so its not your problem anymore if its open-line...just tell that to Brightpoint. You shouldnt have any problem since you are using the Smart Rom.

I went to BP yesterday with a Qtek Rom and an openline and they didnt even notice, still got warranty ....I had my joystick,keypads, and softkeys replaced for free! :lol:

you can always argue with them.it should be enough when they see that you are using the smart ROM and a smart sim.they should realize by then that there is no point of unlocking the phone.

another tip for you.they have a mentality that a smart 1.7 is not unlockable.

Guest sonborj

@dino, aba talaga? what time ka pumunta? is that a general case hindi na nila pinapansin ano ROM mo?

@active, most people are dying to have their ROM 1.7 unlocked....

Guest activeingredient

really? others are dying to have their ROM 1.7 unlocked? hehe anyone wanna buy a ROM 1.7 unlocked Smart phone? :lol:

I was there, same day as Dinoalbert and alsmost the same time. Malas lang. :D

Guest Stryper Aquila
help me please, i need to unlock/downgrade my smartphone rom ver. 1.7,  anybody

Please prepare smart 1.6 and smart 1.3 software and a HEX editor for the unlock requirements.

Just look for MARS procedure of Smart 1.6, its just the same concept.

I already downgraded my smart 1.7 and upgraded to QTEK to ORANGE 1.6 to QTEK again with that procedure.

• 3 weeks later...