Guest awesterink

Guest awesterink

[114]My_Luna.jpg

File Name :: My Luna

Author :: awesterink

Category :: Computer

Description ::

Features

Here's my flavour of the standard Luna home screen, inspired by AdrianFRST's Bliss home screens.

The top half of the screen - up to and including Upcoming Appointments - is fixed in layout, meaning it does not shift plugins up or down based on availabilty of the function. I removed the VZW ERI plugin, because to me, it did not add any value over and above the Network plugin. The bottom portion of the screen will show variable plugins, in this order of priority:

- Programming

- OTA

- E911

- Data Info

- TTY DF Mode

- Call Progress

- Missed Calls

- All Day Events

- Optional: Windows Media Player Plugin (Luna WMP)

- Optional: MRU icons (Luna MRU)

- Optional: Both the WMP and the MRU plugin (Luna WMP+MRU)

Comments

I placed the All Day Events plugin towards the bottom, since the plugins above it typically have a short life, and would otherwise not be visible (they push the lower plugins down temporarily when active).

If you want to use Orangewinger's Media Player plugin, you will have to install it first (currently using release 3).

To install, use ActiveSync to copy the HME file to your Start Menu folder, then execute the HME file on your phone. After install you will see the home screen without MRU icons or the WMP plugin. To select a version with MRU and/or WMP plugin, go to Settings->Home Screen.

Updated Thu, Jan 20 2005 3:53 pm

View File

only one word: cool ! :D

but there is a little question from a stupid user :lol: :

is it possible to add the smartbatt-plug for this great skin (instead of the mediaPlayer-plug) or other plugs (like analog-clock)?

Guest awesterink

It's possible, and really not all that difficult. For many plugins it is as easy as cut and paste of a section of XML (and installing the plugin on the phone). Feel free to hack this HS as much as you want... :lol:

I cant seem to get this to work on my e200,it always says not a valid homescreen,ive installed the mediaplayer plugin thinking it was that but it still dont work,Any ideas,Thanks in advance

Guest awesterink

I'm guessing that it has to do with the fact that the e200 uses Smartphone 2003. Perhaps the plugins or homescreen definitions are different from Smartphone 2002...not sure...sorry.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest alicarter

Initally this worked fine for me, but suddenly (since restarting, maybe...), the WMP section has disappeared from the homescreen. I've double-checked the correct homescreen is selected, and even re-installed both the homescreen and the WMP plugin.

Any ideas?!

Guest awesterink

I'm not sure what needs to be done to make it work for the e200. I'm guessing SP2003 uses different plugin CLSIDs?

Anyway, you can try the latest version of this by getting it here. Somewhere on page three you'll find a download for an additional flavor that uses the RJ Tasks plugin as well.

Guest awesterink

No, because there were quite a few combinations of possible plugins, I left all the optional plugins out of the 2 homescreens (in version 105, follow the link mentioned 3 posts earlier), and provided the XML code that can be pasted in if you want to use it. If you are using a homescreen XML file that references these plugins but you don't see them, then you probably don't have the plugins installed. The TXT file explains it.

• 10 months later...

I got the "not a valid homescreen" too. I looked in the xml and saw that the background image was pointing to a folder/file named "\windows\luna.gif". On my phone, the actual folder/file is "\Storage\Application Data\Home\My Luna.gif". once I changed it, all was fine.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.