Updated 20/06/2004 - Flamethrower Carnage v1.1 released!

Guest maxh2003

Guest maxh2003

justafiend, it *DOES* work on the old spv too! Just download version 0.02 and start it using "FC for 2002.exe" instead of "Flamethrower Carnage.exe".

Unless anyone can tell me different? It works on *my* old SPV...

Guest mitchellP

Ultimasnake,

The following additions have been made (according to the info file).

There are power-ups you can collect to help you boost your score.

The Flame power-up torches everyone on-screen.

The Tombstone power-up makes any dead robots on screen come back as ghosts. You can't flame ghosts... but you can run them over...

And.....hey hey - my name on the credits - woohoo :lol:

Guest samo123_uk

ohhh! i cant wait to download this when i get home all comments look promising :lol: btw do i need my e200 app unlocked before i install.i did a hard reset so dont know if my previous app unlock will still work :s Posted from my spv e200 SmartPhone!

Guest maxh2003
do i need my e200 app unlocked before i install

I don't know, to be honest. I'd be grateful if you could try it app-locked because I think it should just give the "not trusted... are you sure?" message, rather than prevent you from running it. Please do let me know how you get on if your phone is app-locked :lol:

On SP2002 it does of course require an unlocked phone.

Guest ultimasnake

i just checked out the 0.03 version getting better by the minute.... :lol:

Some nice aditions might be

Car damage meter (percentage would be enough)

On screen Score :(

Exploding cars (when flaming them)

some fixes that might be nice

Better car collision

?? none yet :(..

i might be able to help you with either the source or the graphics... mind sharing some info about this? :D i am a .net programmer myself :(

Guest ultimasnake

I am making some games.... and if i might see his .net code (which i think he made the 2003 version in) and the C++ version i will understand it :lol: but that is an if he wants me to help... and also i am learning c++ too :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest maxh2003

Version 1.0 has been somewhat delayed by a bout of food poisoning! :-(

But it *is* on the way... and FWIW, when it's ready, it'll appear on my all-new, ultra-low-tech web page at www.gamesforsmartphones.com ... there will of course be an announcement or thread at MoDaCo as well :-D

On the back of midnight's experience, I decline to give a date for the release of version 1.0... but it'll be "soon"... :)

I'm also thinking about putting up a tutorial or similar guide on how I put the thing together. There still isn't enough information on the web about how to get started with writing games for Smartphones (at least not enough for my purposes!). It'd be an Embedded Visual C guide, not a .NET guide - Flamethrower Carnage is written in eVC. What it *won't* demonstrate is how to write *elegant* eVC code. I'm a C++ muppet (relatively speaking, at least). Is anyone interested in such a tutorial?

I think the key to such a web page is downloadable samples that are easily compiled and amended...

Guest mitchellP

As long as the tutorials do not contain any yorkshire accented phrases

- that would be a great idea.

"first off, thar gets thi sen a PC wi windaz........." :)

Anyway - get some work done :D