Generic Shortcut Plugin developed by RemyJ - RJShortcut

Guest nickcornaglia

Guest Coucou

I may have cross-posted this but hey :)

I've got a problem where icons don't show even though the link is executable. The programs are on the storage card, but the target is to the shortcut in the start menu. I am using the latest release btw, so it's deleted the rjicons.dll. The icons do show if I refresh the homescreen, but not after switching on.

Guest RemyJ
I may have cross-posted this but hey :)

I've got a problem where icons don't show even though the link is executable. The programs are on the storage card, but the target is to the shortcut in the start menu. I am using the latest release btw, so it's deleted the rjicons.dll. The icons do show if I refresh the http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>homescreen, but not after switching on.

Another poster had a problem where the icons were showing but the links weren't executable. I wonder if the problem has to do with the storage card not being available when home.exe loads or something like that. I have both shortcuts and exe's on my card and it's not having a problem so it's kind of hard to track down. I'll keep looking though.

Guest ustguitarista

hi remyj, i tried your latest update of your shortcut plugin, can't understand how the names of apps will appear, hope u can show a screen capture of it. by the way, i tried the syncsel code to my shortcuts and it worked fine, but i can't understand how the syncgroup works.

Guest RemyJ
hi remyj, i tried your latest update of your shortcut  plugin, can't understand how the names of apps will appear, hope u can show a screen capture of it.
I can't do a screen capture just now but here's an example of how to use it...

<plugin ...  height="32">

<shortcutbar iconsize="small">

<shortcut target="IPSMWindowsStart MenuTasks.lnk"/>

<shortcut target="iexplore.exe" appname="Internet Explorer/>

</shortcutbar>

<appname x="0" y="18"/>

</plugin>

In this example, there's a shortcutbar with 2 shortcuts, The height is set to 32 pixels so there's room the for 16 pixel icons and then room below it for the name. So, when the first shortcut is selected, you'd see the name "Tasks" on the line below. When the second shortcut is selected, notmally you'd see "iexplore" but that's not very pretty so you can provide a better name to display with the "appname" attribute. In this case when the second shortcut is selected, the name "Internet Explorer" appears on the line below.

by the way, i tried the syncsel code to my shortcuts and it worked fine, but i can't understand how the syncgroup works.

Syncgroup is only needed if you want to create distinct groups of shortcut bars. Let's say you have 4 bars defined and you want the first two share a common selection index and you want the second two to share a common selection index, but not the same one as the first two. You'd set syncgroup on the first two to "0" and to "1" on the second two. How useful this is, I'm not sure. It was easy enough to code so I jus threw it in. :)

Guest ustguitarista

thanks man! got it, took me time to fix the syncsel part, i think there was a mistake on the sample codes in your read me file.

<-- A single group that shares the selection index -->

...the second one should be syncsel also right?! thanks again rj!

Guest RemyJ
thanks man! got it, took me time to fix the syncsel part, i think there was a mistake on the sample codes in your read me file.

...the second one should be syncsel also right?! thanks again rj!

Ah. Good catch. I'll make the fix. Thanks.

Guest roy1000

Hello Remj,

I tried to install your shortcut fiel. I have an e200 and off course i didn't work. I changed the ispm into storage and it still doens'nt work. What do i have to change more. The e200 is my first smartphone and so i don't know what's the difference between os2002 and 2003.

Best regards,

Roy

Guest RemyJ
Hello Remj,

I tried to install your shortcut fiel. I have an e200 and off course i didn't work. I changed the ispm into storage and it still doens'nt work. What do i have to change more. The e200 is my first smartphone and so i don't know what's the difference between os2002 and 2003.

Best regards,

Roy

I don't have a sp2003 device so I'll have to do some research and maybe try it in the development emulator. Give me few days.

Guest d-coy

@ RJ

pls...i am very confused wid d process of installing and using d plugin..am planning to put all shortcuts in the plugin....so how will i doit..i hav problem foillowing d instruction included in d zip files...Pls send me a detailed instruction how to install and make the plug in work for me...my e-add s [email protected]![:)]

Guest dupree

Great work on the shortcut bar....thanks!

I'm having trouble formatting . I've tried placing font-size in the appname tag:

- when i do this, it ignores the font-size param

And I've tried putting a label block around it:

When i do this - the appname disappears.

Am I doing something wrong?

Guest korteweg

Remy

I am trying to hide the appname when the plugin is not selectred. For the MRU I use:

I tried also stting the colour to transparent when not selected, but neither works. Can I use the state="selected" statement?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.