Windows Desktop Edition

Guest drblow

[166]Windows_Desktop_Edition.jpg

File Name :: Windows Desktop Edition

Author :: drblow

Category :: Computer

Description ::

FEATURES

OK - I've gotten together a quick version of this homescreen which includes icons linked to fixed applications (like the MRU except always the same apps! :wink: ) as requested.

Same layout as the first version, but with the added icons at the bottom linked to fixed applications - IA album, messenger, file explorer, task manager, orneta notepad, tasks.

Now, I know there are links there to 3rd party apps (which some of you may not have - if not, WHY NOT, THEY'RE ALL FREE!! :twisted: ), but thats the way I have it set up for myself ATM, and it would be impossible to cover all the possibilities!

The shortcuts can be easily altered in the xml to whatever apps you like, or if you have apps placed in folders within the programs menu (if anybody wants I'll post a quick "how to" guide, its easy! :wink: ). Obviously tho, the icons will still be the same!! But I will shortly post another .exe file with some more icons to fit the fixed apps shortcuts, and the relevant icon resource numbers to put into the xml. This will again require some code editing, but it's easy, seriously! If I can do it, anybody can! :wink:

More good stuff to come! :lol:

INSTALLATION

Copy the cab file to your phone, and click it!

EDIT : I guess this could be a homescreen that nearly everybody wants to customise to their own specs, but thats the general idea, & if anybody need help doing it, I'll be glad to be of service! I just thought I'd get the ball rolling coz there have been a few requests recently for icons linked to fixed apps ...

Updated Tue, Jan 25 2005 4:37 pm

View File

Guest cclboss

Just tried to install this on my Xphone but unfortunately it doesn't seem to work. The title bars are all over the place and non of the icons are present. Are there any plans to make one for MS2003 phones like E200, Xphone, etc.? Thanks. :lol:

Mmm ... very odd. It IS for the e200, & I've tested it several times on mine, & everything installs fine.

Can you give me a bit more detail (or a screenshot) so I can see whats happened. I have no idea about the Xphone at all, but I just thought it wqas the same as e200. It won't have the Orange plugins tho - which may explain why you aren't getting any icons. Can you tell me if there are 2 .exe files installed into your home folder? (windowstheme.exe & windowsdesktop.exe?)

You might try the new generic plugin available ... ?

Guest statscat
Just tried to install this on my Xphone but unfortunately it doesn't seem to work. The title bars are all over the place and non of the icons are present. Are there any plans to make one for MS2003 phones like E200, Xphone, etc.? Thanks. :lol:

The XPhone is shipped by O2 and so whilst being the same hardware O2 doesn't ship the same software as Orange. The plugin used on this homescreen is only shipped on the Orange version of this phone. Hope this helps clear up the confusion.

Guest bikespod

:lol: :D :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D I like it even more than the cobalt with icons one you just did. keep em coming Dr.B. lovely clean design, easy to use, it has replaced any others on my phone, including your last one. thanks.

the colour scheme is much more user friendly too, especially in sms and the calender.

cheers for the props peeps! i will be posting a cab soon with all extra screens (courtesy of Chris JM). i'll have a look at some other backgrounds & see if i can post a few alternatives. mmm... greens & blues from XP ... Posted from my SmartPhone!

cheers for the props peeps! i will be posting a cab soon with all extra screens (courtesy of Chris JM). i'll have a look at some other backgrounds & see if i can post a few alternatives. mmm... greens & blues from XP ... Posted from my SmartPhone!

You're not getting that monkey ChrisJM to help you are ya!? :)

Guest rikthemick

wow - this is a great homescreen! A bit less graphics than others I like, but very nice and simple, and looks good on e200. The fixed icons are very handy and I've wanted something like this for easy access to programs from the homescreen. I even managed to edit the xml file to change the shortcuts to my programs which are in folders inside the start menu 8)

Great work doctor! :)

• 2 months later...
Guest wolfbrother6

Has this been tested on the MPx200? I'm having some trouble with it on mine. No programs showing up, stuff like that. Is there a plugin necessary for this?

WolfBro

Guest drblow

Yeah m8 - this homescreen requires the new Orange plugin for e200. Unfortunately it's only available on Orange e200's, so this theme will not work properly on mpx - unless you want to reconfigure it using Remy J's shortcuts plugin!!?? :D Although, the only problem there is that it doesn't support the changing icons, which is why I've never used it myself.

Seems a shame to me that Orange don't offer the plugin as a download. I'm sure some people would pay a nominal sum for it.

Guest bolasz

The clsid's are not a problem but the .dll can't be copied FROM the phone: access denied.

As far as I know there are a few people out there who are tweaking the OS, they might be able to extract it from the image file, I'm too "little" for that.

• 8 months later...
Guest xenophobe

I really love the layout, but as has been mentioned, all your XML calls are from a provider specific plugin.

Any chance you could port it using standard tags for non-proprietary plugins so people with other phones can use it without having to recreate a whole new XML file for this otherwise nice looking homescreen?

Audiovox SMT 5600 is a no go with this one unfortunately.

As has been mentioned before, all my homescreens that contain the orange e200 plugin canot be 'ported' as the functionality of the plugin is the entire basis for the homescreen design.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.