Mitac 8380 housing/covers

Guest chrisc28

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chrisc28

You could dismember it, but although I'm very tempted to do it, I seriously won't do it. There is absolutely NO PARTS for the Mitac 8380. The dealer told me that Mitac does not keep stocks of any parts for the Mitac. Therefore, once it breaks down, that's it, you're dead.

Guest Voldemort

strange thing, because mitac 8380 will be sold in the next weeks in italy (branded "telit g90" instead of its real name) and i don't think shops will sell a phone not repairable

(sorry for my english :) )

Guest chrisc28

It's repairable, but the aesthetic parts are not replaceable, meaning it's close to impossible to obtain housing and such if you scratch it.

I'm pretty sure the Mitac sold in Italy is the 8390 and not the 8380.

Guest Voldemort

this is the link to the Telit G90... now tell me if it's an 8380 or an 8390...

unfortunately here in italy everything is late (the phone should have been sold from november 2003 but no one even saw it!)

Guest chrisc28
this is the link to the Telit G90... now tell me if it's an 8380 or an 8390...

unfortunately here in italy everything is late (the phone should have been sold from november 2003 but no one even saw it!)

Great! Means there could be hope for us to purchase the housing/cover. Hopefully it's not only in Italy.

Guest chrisc28

Gonna swap to MPX200. The Mitac's reliability is so unpredictable. Since I'm going off to study, I need a proper reliable phone. Can't afford to have a phone that breaks down every other day.

Guest dragonpigz

But how are u going to disassemble it? U have to do that to replace the housing anyway. How much is the housing? I wanna get one too :)

Guest chrisc28
But how are u going to disassemble it? U have to do that to replace the housing anyway. How much is the housing? I wanna get one too :)

I will have to let the service centre do it. I'll try to ask if it's possible for you to purchase it separately. Though, I would discourage you from disassembling it. The Mitac is pretty fragile.