Hotmail access

Guest triaspis

Guest triaspis

Just got the i600 2 days ago and have learned a ton from reading this forum. Thanks for all the great info.

I was just wondering if it's possible to sign in to hotmail using the i600 and check email without using the outlook sync. Also, is it possible to check a hotmail acoount thru outlook and if so how? Thanks and sorry if the questions are so basic.

Guest zeta101

your question is a bit confusing, "check email without using outlook sync" so basically you want to check your email without the phone being connected to your pc, now im assuming the email u wanna check is your isp email or something. Well in this case u can check ur mail on the move. you need to get the settings for your email provider and enter then go to your inbox on your phone goto menu>options>setup email and enter it.

Note that this will use gprs so if you dont have a gprs budle already on your tarrif then you will be charged for how much u download/upload when u connect to the net via your phone to pick up email.

You should be ablle to llog into msn, are u having problems?

as for getting your hotmail on your account then it is possible but you need to join modaco plus to get the settings and plus a bunch of other cool stuff. hope thats answered your questions :)

Just got the i600 2 days ago and have learned a ton from reading this forum. Thanks for all the great info.

I was just wondering if it's possible to sign in to hotmail using the i600 and check email without using the outlook sync. Also, is it possible to check a hotmail acoount thru outlook and if so how? Thanks and sorry if the questions are so basic.

If you are asking the following the answer is, surprisingly... NO!

Hotmail access -- I and virtually all others cannot access HM. I get an 'alert! This page cannot be found' message. The URL would be http://mobiles.msn.com/hm/folder.aspx

Works perfectly in my Palm phone (I330... OLD OS!) from Sprint.

MS Exchange access -- No. I get a blank page. This too works read only in my palm phone from Sprint. Very annoying.

No fix that I am aware of forthcoming.

Guest triaspis

Thanks slink, that's what i thought. Bummer. I had a crappy old samsung phone from 2 years ago and I could access it from there thru sprint. Go figure. I guess it might just be a matter of time. Maybe the 03 OS will have some updates for it.

Guest nickcornaglia

As zeta has mentioned above....Modaco provides a service to Modaco Plus members that allows them to send/retreive Hotmail using the phone's Inbox application.

You need to be a ModacoPlus member to access the server, and I am told it works very well.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mlanger

Unfortunately I don't remember how I got it to work. Now when I go to MSN Mobile in Favorites and then to MSN Hotmail, it even remembers my password. Sorry I couldn't be of any help.

Guest RedComrade

basically you need to sign in once and save the password. there are a few ways to do this first sign in.

1. (the most reliable way) while connected with desktop Active Sync switch the phone to PassThrough connection and hit that hotmail link -- you will not get the alert and the sign-in will work.

2. it also works if you use QNC connection instead of Express network. i've done it once myself and it worked.

3. some people reported that signing in through login.passport.net works well.

4. there was another workaround where you have to remove the last part of the url after you get that Page Not Found alert but i dont remember the exact details.

Glenb posted this and it works:

I went to the browser options, cleared all cookies, data, history,

etc.

Then I reset the phone.

Then I started Pocket IE, and clicked the MENU button, and chose GOTO,

and put in: http://login.passport.net/

Just that URL, nothing else.

That page works fine and lets you log in.

Check the box saying "Log me in automatically!"

Then you can go to Hotmail or anywhere else and it will work just fine.

• 3 months later...
Guest Osmanthus

I have made a post in this forum with the method I got from verizon support. For the long answer, look that message up, for the short answer, log into the money page on the vzw msn page first, and ignore the signin button on the hotmail page.