SPV E200 ROM Update 2.6.5.1 Betatest!

Guest Dumdidum

Guest Dumdidum

version numbers (old values in brackets): operator 2.6.5.1 (1.1.1.4), manufacturer 1.11.5.0 (1.6.0.0), Microsoft 4.20.13288.0 (4.20.13288.0 - no change), language 1.11.5.0 (1.6.0.0 ).

without phone calls battery life is now 3-4 days (compared to max 1 day previously)

improved Bluetooth driver - now it is possible to connever over Bluetooth with Pocket PC 2003 devices

activation of serial ports for Bletooth (inbound and outbound ports) works fine - important for using of GPS receivers with the smartphone

new radio version 1.12.01 (compared to 1.09.00 previously) => Better quality!!!

Bluetooth programs in menu now got typical Bluetooth icon

when one presses "*" longer then one can select language in which to write emails, SMSes and other texts in 7 languages - very useful in Europe - so one can write one SMS in German and the next one in French (using T9)

Guest Dumdidum

Without touching your smartphone it is 3-4 days... but with normal use it is about 2 days... but I have to test that...

For sure is that bluetooth does not use that much power than before!! and that is great!

I made 2 phone calls and the quality was great but I have to test it further...

Hmm ... no mention of call quality at all makes me very suspicious. Has anyone tested this update who previously had a buzzing speaker, that could confirm whether the quality is any better??

If tech support are "investigating" the speaker issue currently, you would have thought there would have been some mention of the issue with regards to an update - IF there was going to be a solution.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Hello, who can answer me one or all of the following questions: 1. Does this firmware flash an Orange branded code into your phone? (I am no Orange customer and I have a Qtek 8080.Wouldn't be too glad to see an Orange screen therefore.) 2. If so: When will we see a generic update (i.e. neutral, no Orange screen)? 3. How could I for security reasons save all software and restore it after the upgrade? 4.Is it possible to downgrade again if the new version fails? 5. Where can I get the new beta version? Hoping to receive answers! Regards G

Guest Dumdidum
1. Does this firmware flash an Orange branded code into your phone? (I am no Orange customer and I have a Qtek 8080.Wouldn't be too glad to see an Orange screen therefore.)
Don't know

2. If so: When will we see a generic update  (i.e. neutral, no Orange screen)?

This will be later :)

3. How could I for security reasons save all software and restore it after the upgrade?
Not possible...!

4.Is it possible to downgrade again if the new version fails?

I can't answer that (and other can't answer that too I think) But with a trick it should be possible...

5. Where can I get the new beta version?

Nowhere! If anyone who has it gives it to others than we all are in troubles...

Guest newquay_kev

YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!! Battery life and buzzing are my biggest gripes. If they get that right then everything is a bonus (potential here for quite a big bonus too!).

Mr. Orange - when can we get our hands on it????

Guest blueplanet

I use a bluetooth headset all the time because of the buzzing.

My number one wish is that they get Bluetooth working properly.

Bluetooth cuts in to slow and sometimes is does not cut in at all

when making and receiving calls!!!

And a Bluetooth handsfree profile would be nice!!

Guest MrZaphod

I'm feeling all happy, and warm - Mr O does care..... :)

And now I feel justified for all the poor 150 and 156 people who I've been harassing for the past couple of months! :twisted:

BTW how do you become a beta tester?

I accept (though this is hard for me) that the new firmware cannot be spread.

However, can at least anyone of the "chosen testers" check the following for me:

There are a lot of Bluetooth driver files on the Qtek 8080 (firmware version 1.7.x.x).

Despite that Bluetooth is a nightmare.

Now can anyone of you please compare the "old" BT driver files with the ones flashed by the new firmware 2.6.5.1. and post a comparison of the filesizes and timestamps ?

I'd like to get a rough overview if the files have completely been re-designed or if they are just differently setup and enabled in the registry.

As the registry entries are completely undocumented this could also be the case.

I guess at least this is allowed and does not violate any code of conduct or NDA.

Thanks in advance.

Gerhard

P.S.

The flasher for the 1.7.x firmware says in the intro screen that all user files (games, applications, settings etc.) are lost if not backed up, which I interpret that if backed up they can be restored again. Didn't Dumpdidum maintain here that this is impossible ? (Didn't go any further in this update process as my phone came with 1.7.x and I didn't want to try out a useless upgrade.)

P.P.S

Is there anyone who owns a documentation of the registry ?

Guest Dumdidum

Hi!

For the beta we could test there is no backup-tool yet, but I hope that this will be avalaible for the final ROM!

An other swiss beta tester used the Sprite backup tool (I think that it is named like that) but after restoring the bluetooth didn't work - I think that Sprite backup totally restors the registry and also the bluetooth...

Guest puffa_j

good day! i need help, my e200 just went dead as i tried to reformat it out of curiousity, what will i do? can i install the new rom update to get my phone alive again? thanks!