E200 update on the way...

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest drblow

:)

The rumours have mentioned 15th march - considering thats the end of next week & there hasn't been a single word from Orange, we can forget that, eh??

Guest morpheus2702

I had worked out that after the 1.6 update, Orange is in a parallel dimension where time is slowed by one month.

15th April - come on, who wants to take my money?

Guest rogerbates

Wasn't the Original SPV also released in November (albeit 2002) and the update at the end of March beginning of April?

My money is on the update for the E200 coming out end of March beginning of April time. This update will then be discovered to fix none of the major problems with the phone but may include one or two new little apps. Another update promising to address the major problems will be released some time later (around Nov/Dec time.)

I am SOOO glad that I resisted temptation and get an E200! :)

The only problem is waiting for the MPX220.

Guest drblow

Aye!!

The OS is very good, much more reliable & stable. It has some good features over the SPV/e100, but not loads. The homescreen plugin by Orange is absolutely fantastic!

But the buzzing speaker, bluetooth problems, battery life etc - all make it very frustrating to use.

Put it this way, if the update doesn't seriously improve these issues, I;ll be downgrading to a mpx200!! And if anyone asked me if they should buy one I'd say "no" - wait for a proper phone.

Guest drblow

Na - I find the OS generally to be pretty good. WMP loads up certainly noticeably quicker than on SPV/e100. I still get the eggtimer, but noweher near as often as with e100.

As far as the actual OS & features of the e200, I think it has great advantages over the e100 - its just the continuing hardware issues that are ruining it for me.

Guest dearsina

I don't know what you guys are on about, the E200 is a very nice piece of kit, it just depends on what you compare it to, compared to a full blown PC, no it's not all that, but compare it to Nokias or other "normal" cellphones, with their Snake 2 and serious OS bugs and your laughing all the way.

sina

london

spv lover

Posted from my SmartPhone!

(Try doing that from your Sagem...)

Let the flame wars begin! :)

Guest morpheus2702
"]I am pleased to say that I have been able to test the UK version of this update, and the improvements are indeed significant.

...It should be noted that the update is still in beta, so it is possible further changes will be made, and the release date is TBD.

...Stay tuned for more info in the near future... :)

P

I currently don't have an official date for the release of the next build for e200.  

As soon as I do I'll let you all know.

It's the 1.6 update all over again!

Guest Toyota-F1.com
I currently don't have an official date for the release of the next build for e200.

So this is the Mr Orange I've heard everybody talking about all the time? Is he the big Orange man?

Guest drblow

:shock: Can't say that is a huge suprise, but it's nice to know that you are still actually watching the forum Mr. O.

Care to comment on the other issues that have been raised recently? Or comment on whther the update WILL address them?

Guest colingwalker

Just like clarification on something:

If I backup my phone data using backup in ActiveSync, then apply the upgrade whenever it is available. Will I be able to restore the backup later without effecting the upgrade ie will the restore overwrite some upgraded system files.

Guest drblow
I hope the update will address as many of the issues that have been rased as possible.

you "hope" ... so that means you don't actually know? Do you actually know anything about the update at all?

Guest hadies
you "hope" ... so that means you don't actually know?  Do you actually know anything about the update at all?

And every one duck the flying handbag !! :)

But i amin total agrement with you drblow worrying if even orange staff do not know what the update will resolve !!!!

Guest morpheus2702
I hope the update will address as many of the issues that have been rased as possible.

Does anyone get the impression that Mr O is swinging a pocket watch as he types this? Kind of like 'look into my eyes, look into my eyes you will believe everything I say and not question it any further' .

Guest Mr Orange

And every one duck the flying handbag !! :)

But i amin total agrement with you drblow worrying if even orange staff do not know what the update will resolve !!!!

I know exactly which issues have been fixed and I 'hope' that more can be fixed in the limited amount of time that is left to get the final build signed off and shipped.

Guest spacecowboy6982

Lets remember guys back in December, we were told "first quarter" of 2004. Like Mr Orange said, they still have time to address the newer issues raised.

Guest morpheus2702

OK, let's get pedantic... 1st quarter to me says end of March - so 23 days?

Come on roll up roll up, take my money! :)

Guest Simon Desser
I know exactly which issues have been fixed and I 'hope' that more can be fixed in the limited amount of time that is left to get the final build signed off and shipped.

"In the limited amount of time that is left" before what :?: :?: :?:

Sorry to be picky, but that implies there is a deadline :? :!: :?: Any chance of knowing very roughly, approximately, (won't hold you to it) when :?: :?: :?: :) :wink:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.