Re-Booting my phone (change battery) loses my new ring-tones

Guest clivepearce

Guest clivepearce

Hi

I'm a new-bie here. First let me say I'm very pleased with my i600. I bought it on e-bay, and had it activated at a local independent Verizon store. I've put on the MSN messenger patch with success, and will add the new CALLER-ID patch sometime this week-end.

The only mystery I'm having problems with is I added an "antique ring-tone" wav file (sounds like my grand-parents phone ringing). But when ever I change my battery, ie. phone is turned off/on, the file has disappeared, and I have to down-load it all over again with active sync.

Is there some place I have to register on the phone that this new wav file is part of my ring-tone set? I put it in a top level directory, (WINDOWS) where I can see the other ring tones that came with the phone, but they do not disappear upon re-boot.

Any feed-back greatly appreciated....

The top level windows directory is actually part of the phone's ROM. Any files you place there will be lost on a power-cycle. Instead create a directory IPSMApplication DataSounds (if it doesn't already exist) and put your wav files there. The Sounds settings page checks there as well as in the top level windows directory.

Guest clivepearce

Remy -

Thank-you so much your rely. I followed your instructions, and "presto" - no more lost ring-tones! Your knowledge is appreciated. Clive Pearce NJ