SAP 1.6.0.07, do any of you guys have a backup of this rom

Guest bglan

a friend has a unit that came from smart with this rom version 1.6.0.07 i tried upgrading to 1.70 but it got stuck on erasing: 10%, then there was an error about the rom version being written was not compatible with the unit

i tried everything i know to get this unit back to life to no avail, upgrade to 1.7, downgrade to 1.3.7.8, lahat ng natutunan ko about SAP

what i have is the SAP 1.6.0.08 version, i got from the web but it doesnt work on the unit

if you can point me to a site where i can get this rom, or can give me insights on how to solve this problem of mine, i would really, really appreciate it

tnx

Guest mar9118

Does the phone still power up or get to the canary or bootloader screen? If not you are in trouble, the bootloader has been erased and there is no way to bring it back to life but to bring it to Bright Point to have the main board replaced, if the unit is still under warranty, no need to worry, just don't tell them you killed your phone, tell them your phone is dead there is no way they can prove that you killed your phone :wink:

Cheers! :)

Guest kalinte

that's excactly what happened to me bro....... the way i figure it, your 1.6.0.07 is not smart telecom rom so the moment you upgrade to 1.7 or smart it wont recognize your phone unit(ang tanga nya) what i did was to revert back to you original rom(1.06.07 in your case) i hope this helps pag hinde. mar said you can always bring it back to brightpoint.

p.s. i'm no techie. mar is good at this.