Chinese font support for my English smartphone 2003

Guest batman237

Guest batman237

I recently bought a English versioned E200. However I am unable to read chinese emails and sms. Anyone with any clue whether there is any way to solve this, e.g a third party software addd-on?

i also have this question!

coz i want to use some dictionary between english and chinese and of course to display chinese in ie or msn.input is not important for me,i only want to display it...

The same problem as u 2~

I've tried lots of mobile forums, but no results:(

If u r Chinese users as me, maybe the best way is to have the phone rom flashed into a whole Chinese operation system (MS Windows Mobile 2003). However at least now i have found NO place to get one, so can do nothing but wait......

One more question is, there's no way to have it SIM unlocked~~Oh :) ~~

yup....like you upstairs...chinese i am.i do think about reflash the rom...but ar...it doesn't seem esay to do..

just like the symbian phone have the JIUFANG software,maybe somebody will make one for smartphone in future, hope cestar can release one...

8380 is also a english phone...why it can display and input chinese by the third part software?

• 2 months later...

I know that O2 Xphone, which can display/input Traditional Chinese, but till now no one ever get the rom out from the phone and find a way to flash it to E200. And recently the "Dopod 535" (same as E200) released in China which is installed the "Windows Mobile 2003 Simpalified Chinese", I think that's the best rom we need. But how can we get the rom and flash it ???

Guest hardcore

If you just want to read chinese sms/msn, then all you need to do is change the System Font to a font with chinese characters. You can install new fonts with MrMagoo's font installer. So far I have done it with Thai sms/msn (Tahoma font). I also tried with chinese fonts, but so far no luck. The Smartphone seems to use the default font whenever I try to use the chinese fonts. See:

http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php...3ad15037d202ae6

Guest fcuk

It's GREAT! MAN!

But my E200 is not app-unlocked after ROM updated, so no way to change registry:(

The usual way to app-unlock works on my E200 b4 update, but now when i press "Disable security" in start manu, it says"the program is not digital signed"! what shall i do?

Guest hardcore

You cannot update those registry settings if your phone is app-locked. To unlock it, go to the Orange developer website (search this forum for the link) where there is a page to app-unlock your phone.

It really works (my phone has a Singapore SIM).

Before u try that page, make sure your phone has an Internet connection (u can do that by connection ActiveSync to your PC with an active Internet connection, or making sure your GPRS Internet connection is set up correctly). The unlock will fail if your phone does not have an Internet connection.