Sprite Backup Smartphone goes final

Guest abatis

Guest g4mb17

what phone? I have seen that happen from time to time, it usually means the certificate store has been foobaa'd and Sprite can't add its own certificate into the store.

PS: katan, that start menu issue has been marked as a bug, the next release will automaticlly cleanup your start menu, deleteing any entries that arn't in the backup.

riki

Guest katan

have encountered the certification problem, i am not using a certified locked phone. only a Sim locked one...

pretty weird... Hard reset! hehe :lol: good thing it wasn't Sprite that can't be installed. it was SmartFilter, after my Hard Reset and restoration it won't load saying my phone is not fully unlocked... really weird! so i did Hard reset again and restoration, and whoala! its back to normal! do you guys think its a bug from Sprite program? or my phone just turned into Dumbphone that day?!? :shock:

8) :lol: :)

@g4mb17

i've been checking clean phone option whenever i am restoring, and the start menu items are restored without the others shortcuts...

Guest Pagemakers

If you hard reset your phone you must APP unlock your phone again (using the orange website) as your phone will once again become locked.

Guest katan

as of what i know, only Orange phones are APP locked. im using Smart ROM that i changed to i-Mate and soon i will be changing to Qtek, this is not APP Locked.

"Smartphone turned to Dumbphone for awhile there..." now its Smartphone again!

i Love my SAP SAP! :)

Guest mike-oh
what phone? I have seen that happen from time to time, it usually means the certificate store has been foobaa'd and Sprite can't add its own certificate into the store.  

It's an MPX200

Guest g4mb17

Bingo! no wait you unlocked it. curses!

well i'm sure thats not helping, last i checked sprite was trying to get signed by orange, but nothing much was happening, as orange doesn't appear to have a well defined process, but they had expressed they would be keen to do it. So i think the ball is mostly in oranges court.

If you know your way around a smartphone well you could just grab the files out of the .CAB yourself, but it wont be able to backup everything. But i stress you need to know what your doing here.

You could try posting on the Sprite forums, but not garentees there.

riki

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mdykes

Good news guys, Sprite have just released a pre-release version of Backup for Smartphone that is Verizon signed check out here

regards,

Martin

www.spritesoftware.com

Guest abatis

Also if you have the US phone and it says locked with Sprite, trying turning the phone to Airplane Mode. That worked for me.

Guest jimbou

I installed it in sd card of my qtek 8080 but when i try to run the app,it gives me an error :

"Failed to load resources."

What's wrong?

Guest g4mb17

in the program filessprite(*#$%# directory is there two files,

Sprite Backup for Smartphone.exe

and

Sprite Backup for Smartphone.exe.0409.mui

? are you using the version 1.0 available from their website, and NOT the verizon version? This should happen for two reason, either it didn't find the resource mui file, or it wasn't correctly signed, which i believe they did on the verizon beta version.

riki

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just did my first Sprite Restore after buying it a week or so ago... Overall, seems very cool and easy to recover after a hard reset....

A few things to note though.....

- After the restore it said done, then said cleaning up for ages. I waited a while (like 4 min), then rebooted my phone.

- Shortcuts/Speed Dials were not restored.

- Didn't restore my XBar2 key, had to re-enter it.

- Had to re-install Richies alarm plugin.

- Didn't restore any of my homescreens. Nothing under ApplicationsHome except what's there after a hard reset.

- *Edit 1: Profile settings were not restored.

Even with these few little things I'd still recommend the app as it did make it so much easier to recover after a hard reset. It appears that with the exception of the above my phone is just as it was before the hard reset... :)

I'll post anything else I notice if anything else comes up.

Guest Pagemakers

Cleaning up can take 20 mins. You re-booted your phone too soon. Do it again and leave your phone until it has completely finished. It can take an hour or so for a full restore. It will work faultlessly.

• 2 weeks later...
Just did my first Sprite Restore after buying it a week or so ago... Overall, seems very cool and easy to recover after a http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?p=97945#97945>Hard Reset.... 

A few things to note though.....

- After the restore it said done, then said cleaning up for ages. I waited a while (like 4 min), then rebooted my phone. 

- Shortcuts/Speed Dials were not restored.

- Didn't restore my XBar2 key, had to re-enter it. 

- Had to re-install Richies alarm plugin.

- Didn't restore any of my http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewforum.php?f=43>homescreens. Nothing under ApplicationsHome except what's there after a http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?p=97945#97945>Hard Reset. 

- *Edit 1: Profile settings were not restored.

Even with these few little things I'd still recommend the app as it did make it so much easier to recover after a http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?p=97945#97945>Hard Reset. It appears that with the exception of the above my phone is just as it was before the http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?p=97945#97945>Hard Reset... :)

I'll post anything else I notice if anything else comes up.

I just realized :oops: that I have been only restoring system data and maybe that's why I didn't get my homescreens, shortcuts, profiles, and XBar2 Key back??? I purposely backup/restore system data only because I didn't want to have duplicate tasks/calendar/contacts if I restore everything, delete partnership on my pc (need to do for other reasons), re-establish partnership, sync back up....

Actually, anyone know if I will for sure get duplicates when I do this or will I have the option to say overwrite all data on the phone (I recall seeing this before)... I think I may give it a shot tomorrow restoring to see what happens since I'm getting a new work PC...

Also, it's not clear to me what Sprite backs up with just the personal data or just the system data options... Anyone know? I've looked on Sprite's website but couldn't find this info....

• 1 month later...
Guest Jerry Raia
Hey Guys,  

We have just made a pre-release of version 2.0 available here:  

Sprite Backup for Smartphone Pre-Release 2.0  

It takes care of all signing issues etc. If you are in quick enough, you may receive a free license to the full version.  

regards,  

Martin  

Sprite Software

Is this quick enough? 8)

I just sent a message to your support that I need a reg code as my 1.0 reg code doesn't work. I could see that it is running in privileged mode on my 220 though.