Oxios Plugins (Freeware) for SmartPhone by Oxios

Guest Simon Desser

Guest cconde

I am having an issue with modifying the Registry for the Oxios Plug-In. I had modified it on my Samsung BlackJack (Windows Smartphone 5) and I was doing the same after running the new ROM update from Samsung. Once I did this and selected the Oxios Home page for my display, it froze the phone and only a hard-reset would fix it.

If I use the plug-in as delivered it works fine. It is only after a registry change that it freezes. Here are the changes I was trying:

Restrict - [DueDate <= "%1" AND [Complete] = 0

SortOrder - 1

SortProperty - [importance]

NoEndScroll - 0

Any ideas as to what might be causing the phone to freeze?

• 1 month later...
Guest smittyofdhs
I am having an issue with modifying the Registry for the Oxios Plug-In. I had modified it on my Samsung BlackJack (Windows Smartphone 5) and I was doing the same after running the new ROM update from Samsung. Once I did this and selected the Oxios Home page for my display, it froze the phone and only a hard-reset would fix it.

If I use the plug-in as delivered it works fine. It is only after a registry change that it freezes. Here are the changes I was trying:

SortOrder - 1

NoEndScroll - 0

Any ideas as to what might be causing the phone to freeze?

I have the exact same issue on the exact same phone. Oxios Support, any ideas? I don't want to change the registry again and have the phone lock up on me again. I checked my code twice prior to rebooting the phone, and it froze anyways. It seems any deviation from the original registry entries freezes the blackjack.

Any ideas?

Guest conan_troutman

your missing abracket inthat reg entry

SortOrder - 1

NoEndScroll - 0 this is wrong

try this oRestrict - [DueDate] <= "%1" AND [Complete] = 0

SortOrder - 1

NoEndScroll - 0

ne

Guest smittyofdhs
your missing abracket inthat reg entry

SortOrder - 1

NoEndScroll - 0 this is wrong

try this oRestrict - [DueDate] <= "%1" AND [Complete] = 0

SortOrder - 1

NoEndScroll - 0

ne

that wasn't my issue, my syntax was correct, and without a way to backup the device yet, I'm not willing to try it again. I just got the phone setup exactly the way I wanted, I don't want to hard reset again.

Guest cconde
that wasn't my issue, my syntax was correct, and without a way to backup the device yet, I'm not willing to try it again. I just got the phone setup exactly the way I wanted, I don't want to hard reset again.

I will give it a try, but I think my syntax was correct when I edited the registry, just that I mistyped it in this post.

FYI.

I use Sprite Backup to backup the phone to the Storage Card, and if something goes wrong I can restore it. it works great!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest smittyofdhs

I've got sprite installed now so I can play with it. I tried a new restrict (trying to get undated, overdue, & due date = today) and had the problem again. It's because of the syntax I know.

How can show undated, overdue, and due/start = today?

Guest Oxios

Try:

([startDate] = "%1" OR [DueDate] <= "%1" OR [DueDate] = "%2") AND [Complete] = 0

Guest cconde
I've got sprite installed now so I can play with it. I tried a new restrict (trying to get undated, overdue, & due date = today) and had the problem again. It's because of the syntax I know.

Any luck getting the pulg-in to work on the BlackJAck?

• 1 month later...

I am having trouble with getting the Oxios Tasks plugin to display on my smartphone's WM5 homescreen.

The code I am using is:

<!-- Oxios Task Plugin -->

<plugin clsid="{0FD763F8-2BBE-42A1-94A8-A75A3758049E}" name="OxiosTasks" 

height="15" valign = "left">

<background b-border-width="0">

<format state="selected" bgcolor="transparent"/>

</background>

<label w="212" h="15" x="14" y="29">

<format state="noevent" visible="true"/>

<text lang="0x0409">No upcoming tasks</text>

<text lang="0x0809">No upcoming tasks</text>

<text lang="0x0413">Geen dringende taken</text>

<format state="selected" font-weight="bold" 

fgcolor="#FFFFFF" font-size="15"/>

<format state="unselected" font-weight="normal" 

fgcolor="#E6E6E6" font-size="15"/>

<text><subject/></text>

</label>

</plugin>

Where did I go wrong?

Guest smittyofdhs

I don't think this works with the Oxios plugin:

No upcoming tasks

No upcoming tasks

Geen dringende taken

I've tried to get that to work before and it never works right. If you get it to work, let us know because I would really like to have it displayed there full time, even if no tasks exists.

did you install it first to add the dll file that is also needed ?

Yes, I think I did. I installed it afterwards to be sure and got a message saying the earlier installation would be overwritten.

I posted the homescreen I used (spl home screen). Perhaps you can give that a try. If that xml works for anyone else then I guess my installation is faulty, otherwise it must be a mistake in the xml I think.

Thanks!

Guest smittyofdhs
Yes, I think I did. I installed it afterwards to be sure and got a message saying the earlier installation would be overwritten.

I posted the homescreen I used (spl home screen). Perhaps you can give that a try. If that xml works for anyone else then I guess my installation is faulty, otherwise it must be a mistake in the xml I think.

Thanks!

Tried your SPL, the tasks do not display as your code had intended. As I mentioned above, I believe the plugin is not designed to display text when no task is present, even though your XML is instructing it to do so.

Guest conan_troutman

<plugin name="OxiosTasks" height="22" clsid="{0FD763F8-2BBE-42A1-94A8-A75A3758049E}">

- <background>

<format state="selected" bgcolor="COLOR_HOMEHIGHLIGHT" /> 

</background>

<format state="noevent" visible="true" /> 

- <label halign="center" valign="center">

- <text>

<subject /> 

</text>

</label>

<priority x="166" y="2" /> 

</plugin>

try this one

<plugin name="OxiosTasks" height="22" clsid="{0FD763F8-2BBE-42A1-94A8-A75A3758049E}">

- <background>

<format state="selected" bgcolor="COLOR_HOMEHIGHLIGHT" /> 

</background>

<format state="noevent" visible="true" /> 

- <label halign="center" valign="center">

- <text>

<subject /> 

</text>

</label>

<priority x="166" y="2" /> 

</plugin>

try this one

Something must be wrong with the installation; that does not work either!

Guest conan_troutman

the plugin by defualt displays "No Tasks" wen there are no tasks

my coding is lifted straight from my own xml and that works fine so I reckon it is down to the plugin its self not the xml.

uninstall reboot then re install to main memory

if you use the cab file you should also get a new home screen with the addition of the task indicator if this diplays correctly copy that code to your own and bobs your uncle.

cab can be found here

http://www.oxios.com/plugins/

you will get a zip with an exe installer and also 3 cabs one for all day events replacement...I do not recomend this one it works great but why replace the all day events?

use the cab file for your specified device ie WM5

the desktop exe installer will give best results

Guest smittyofdhs

you guys need to read my posts above. It will NOT work, the plugin does NOT allow for text when there is no tasks present. It's NOT the xml, it's the plugin that is causing the issue.

Guest conan_troutman

where in the sample I provided does it have any text messages .... you need to read things more clearly before posting your own reply.

we are past the issue of his xml not working mine does work so I copied it here for him to use in his own xml and it still does not display so there is something wrong with his install.

but thanks for playing sunshine....sorry been one of those days

Guest smittyofdhs
where in the sample I provided does it have any text messages .... you need to read things more clearly before posting your own reply.

we are past the issue of his xml not working mine does work so I copied it here for him to use in his own xml and it still does not display so there is something wrong with his install.

but thanks for playing sunshine....sorry been one of those days

if you are going to flame someone (and be a smartass) then say "sorry been one of those days", then maybe you shouldn't post at all. The original question was why his code wasn't working. I explained that his code wouldn't work, then just restated why it would work. If you took my post as a reply to only your post, it wasn't intended that way.

Guest conan_troutman

ever heard of tongue planted firmly in cheek.

lets try to be constructive instead of re iterating points made earlier that we are now clearly past.

as for me not posting at all why would i want to not post and take the mick just a lil...after all its the facetiousness of my replies that make me smile when I read them back

Good news guys! I managed to get the plugin working on some level... I don't know what caused it but it could well be the y-axis positioning.

I removed the plugin according to the Oxios readme, and then re-sintalled it. Then I tried it using the code you provided (I noticed its the same as the example given by Oxios so that should be safe). That worked! Then I started playing with the code to add things and it is still working but: I did not re-introduce the noevent tag; and whenever I try to add positioning y="n" I get trouble.

I am still figuring out what that positioning issue is, but in any case it seems that the plugin needs a lot of space above and below.

Thanks for your help!

Edited by ewel

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bunecarera

I'm trying to set up the homescreen plugin with the registry but I need a little help.

I have 3 tasks today.

Task A with a reminder at 8 o'clock.

Task B with a reminder at 7 o'clock.

and Task C with a reminder at 9o'clock.

Now, in Oxios To Do list, in "Sort task by" in the settings, I have:

1. Due/Reminder Date - ascending

2. Reminder time - ascending

3. subject - ascending.

With this set-up, in the To do list, i have first Task B, then A and C last.

But, in the plugin on my homescreen they show up alphabetically. First A, then B, then C

So I'm trying to figure out how to change the registry.

Restrict [DueDate] <= "%6" AND [Complete] = 0

Sort order 0

SortProperty [ReminderSet]

Obviously, this isn't correct. But I have no idea what to set in the SortProperty so they sort on my homescreen just like in the To Do list itself. So first B, then A and C at last. I'm not very good at programming...

Any help?

Thx

Guest conan_troutman

Oxios restrict = ([DueDate] = %1 OR [DueDate] <= %4 OR [startDate] = %1 OR [startDate] <=%4) AND [Complete] = 0

you try this but I o not think that will work as i dont believe you can sort by reminder time in the plgin...yet

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.