Oxios Plugins (Freeware) for SmartPhone by Oxios

Guest Simon Desser

• 2 months later...
Guest andre550

I'm having the following problem:

When i complete or delete a task it still remains in home screen... until i reload the home screen ( so i have to change to other one and get back to the first one). How can i fix this?? The rest of it it's great!! So help me with this oxios, please

• 4 months later...
Guest anonymous2

I installed the 1.61 version and found an issue with the font size of tasks displayed on the home screen. The font size seems fixed to 24 and cannot adopt the default setting or be changed by specifying another size in the label definition. My Home XML reads like this.

Is there anything wrong with my XML definition or is it a program bug? If anyone has encountered this issue, please asvise the solution.

Guest anonymous2

After some investigation, I found that the problem may be due to my landscape screen. The plug-in does not resize the same as MS plug-ins do if the default section is defined as follows.

It seems that the plug-in does not recognize this setting. The only way to make the auto-resize working is use the following setting.

Is it possible for the OXIOS developer to alter the code to improve on this?

• 2 months later...
Guest Chin-ah

Did you figure out a resolution to your problem?

I have a similar issue, where the Plugin disappears once I adjust Restrict key.

I just got the Asus M530w (WM6) and when I use the default Restrict key value of "[Complete] = 0" it works fine.

But anything else and the plugin disappears. I change it back to the default value and it comes back on the Homescreen!

I used to have Tasks Plugin on my my Dopod S300 (WM5) and it worked great. The value I used was:

([startDate] <= "%1" OR [DueDate] <= "%1") AND [Complete] = 0

Hope there's a resolution to this as I'd really love to have it on my new device.

Guest conan_troutman
Tasks Plugin disappears once I adjust Restrict key ... ... does anyone else have this problem?

I just got the Asus M530w (WM6) and when I use the default Restrict key value of "[Complete] = 0" it works fine.

But anything else and the plugin disappears. I change it back to the default value and it comes back on the Homescreen!

I used to have Tasks Plugin on my my Dopod S300 (WM5) and it worked great. The value I used was:

Hope there's a resolution to this as I'd really love to have it on my new device.

if you have an error in the xml around the task plugin area then the plugin will dissapear as the home screen will not read it...open the xml in internet explorer before posting it to your phone if it displays your phone will read it and utilise it crrectly if it doesnot show then you have written something wrong

Guest Chin-ah
if you have an error in the xml around the task plugin area then the plugin will dissapear as the home screen will not read it...open the xml in internet explorer before posting it to your phone if it displays your phone will read it and utilise it crrectly if it doesnot show then you have written something wrong

Thanks for responding Conan!

The XML is fine -- it displays on IE. I'm quite sure the problem is not with the XML as it happens with both my customised XML and the standard XML that came with the plugin.

The plugin actually works and appears, but only with the default Restrict key value of [Complete] = 0. Anything else it will disappear.

Any other thoughts?

Appreciate your help!

Edited by Chin-ah

Guest conan_troutman
Thanks for responding Conan!

The XML is fine -- it displays on IE. I'm quite sure the problem is not with the XML as it happens with both my customised XML and the standard XML that came with the plugin.

The plugin actually works and appears, but only with the default Restrict key value of [Complete] = 0. Anything else it will disappear.

Any other thoughts?

Appreciate your help!

ok I know the problem....somewhere in the plugin section ofoxios ia some thing about show when active true or false or hide when no tasks true or false you need to change this from one to the other so it always shows.

this is how mine looks

this is the bit that I think is giving you problems yours may say false by what I think you are describing

this is editing your XML home screen...now after making changes to the registry you must reboot...if after making both changes...the xml first and then changing the registry and rebooting... if it still disappears then you are miss typing some thing in the registry.

Edited by conan_troutman

Guest Chin-ah
ok I know the problem....somewhere in the plugin section ofoxios ia some thing about show when active true or false or hide when no tasks true or false you need to change this from one to the other so it always shows.

this is how mine looks

this is the bit that I think is giving you problems yours may say false by what I think you are describing

this is editing your XML home screen...now after making changes to the registry you must reboot...if after making both changes...the xml first and then changing the registry and rebooting... if it still disappears then you are miss typing some thing in the registry.

Thanks Conan.

Followed your advise and although it appeared, it says 'No task', which is wrong. It should pick out some tasks based on my Restrict value: ([startDate] <= "%1" OR [DueDate] <= "%1") AND [Complete] = 0

So my conclusion is that there's nothing wrong with the XML -- problem is with the registry.

Funny thing is, with default value of [Complete] = 0, plugin works and appears on Home Screen. But any other value, e.g. with just [startDate] <= "%1", it doesn't read and plugin doesn't appear on Home Screen.

Again, my Restrict value in registry is:

And the XML is basically the standard one that came with the plugin:

Any other ideas?

Again, really appreciate your help.

Guest conan_troutman

probably the restricts are conflicting.

also remember that using = %1 means you are asking it to show task that are due today or start today

if you want to show ones that sart with in the next 7 days go fo startdate = %7

([startDate] = "%1" OR [DueDate] <= "%1") AND [Complete] = 0

this would show all task that start today are now overdue but will not show completed

([startDate] = "%1" OR [DueDate] = "%1") AND [Complete] = 0

tis will show all task that start today and are due today and but will not show any that are complete.

([startDate] <= "%8" OR [DueDate] <= "%1") AND [Complete] = 0

this should show all tasks that start in the next 7 days or are over due but will not show completed.

PS do not use the speech marks in the actual registry the speech marks are to highlight the bits you are changing

actual reg should look like this

([startDate] = %1 OR [DueDate] <= %1) AND [Complete] = 0

Edited by conan_troutman

Guest Chin-ah
probably the restricts are conflicting.

also remember that using = %1 means you are asking it to show task that are due today or start today

if you want to show ones that sart with in the next 7 days go fo startdate = %7

([startDate] = "%1" OR [DueDate] <= "%1") AND [Complete] = 0

this would show all task that start today are now overdue but will not show completed

([startDate] = "%1" OR [DueDate] = "%1") AND [Complete] = 0

tis will show all task that start today and are due today and but will not show any that are complete.

([startDate] <= "%8" OR [DueDate] <= "%1") AND [Complete] = 0

this should show all tasks that start in the next 7 days or are over due but will not show completed.

PS do not use the speech marks in the actual registry the speech marks are to highlight the bits you are changing

actual reg should look like this

([startDate] = %1 OR [DueDate] <= %1) AND [Complete] = 0

Thanks again Conan, really appreciate your help here.

Aren't the quotes (" ") required? Seems from http://www.oxios.com/plugins/tasks_technic...formations.html it's required.

I've been using with quotes in my previous phone (WM5) and it works fine. And the value I used was:

Anyway, I tried again without the quotes and ... ... *sigh* still it doesn't work.

I also tried just [DueDate] = "%1", with and without quotes, and it also doesn't work.

*Sigh*, any other ideas?

I really love this plugin when I was using my old phone. Really sad that I have to lose this now that I've got a new phone.

Guest conan_troutman
Thanks again Conan, really appreciate your help here.

Aren't the quotes (" ") required? Seems from http://www.oxios.com/plugins/tasks_technic...formations.html it's required.

I've been using with quotes in my previous phone (WM5) and it works fine. And the value I used was:

Anyway, I tried again without the quotes and ... ... *sigh* still it doesn't work.

I also tried just [DueDate] = "%1", with and without quotes, and it also doesn't work.

*Sigh*, any other ideas?

I really love this plugin when I was using my old phone. Really sad that I have to lose this now that I've got a new phone.

Sorry but I am at a loss too...I have thought of everything I can.

the quotes are definetly not needed, the only other thing I can recomend is to do a complete uninstall and reinstall

use the exe on the PC if you can as using a CAB can cause problems if your phone is not applet unlocked

other wise you should contact oxios for support.

good luck...and let us know how it goes.

Guest Chin-ah
Sorry but I am at a loss too...I have thought of everything I can.

the quotes are definetly not needed, the only other thing I can recomend is to do a complete uninstall and reinstall

use the exe on the PC if you can as using a CAB can cause problems if your phone is not applet unlocked

other wise you should contact oxios for support.

good luck...and let us know how it goes.

Thanks Conan.

Don't know why I have this problem on my Asus M530w. It's fine on my Dopod S300.

Anyway, will let you all know if I find a solution.

Thanks again for your help.

• 2 months later...
Guest dmd1272

Hello guys, has anyone tried the multiplugin, duplicating the pluging and changing the regkey, I tried it and it showed two lines in the home screen but they were both empty, I'm no pro but I used xml 2007 by windows, basically duplicated the plugin and changed the name to FutureTasks and no lock, has anybody done this successfully.

thanks in advance,

JL

Is there any way to make it so that all of my tasks appear simultaneously on the homescreen?

Currently I have 3 tasks but I have to click to the right in order to browse through, only viewing one at a time.

I'd like it so that I can just glance at my homescreen and see all of my tasks in a list without having to navigate 1 by 1 - is this possible with the Oxios plugin?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.