i600 audio and video streaming

Guest paalooI600

Guest paalooI600

Whats up guys....

I have the i600. I have posted before with a Wi-fi question.... but now it is something more technical to discuss.

the multimedia capabities of the i600 are widely known and revered. I have sucessfully streamed video with audio from tv2phone.com. The streams are in .asx format. (windows encoded)

i run a shoutcast server that streams .mp3. When i log onto that server, i see my mobile IP get logged onto my serverlog.txt but it gets dropped in about 3-4 seconds. the phone displays an alert "file cannot be found" although the url is fine.

thinking it was a stream format incapatablity... i did an .asx passthrough and put it up on an http server. again... i see my IP get logged onto my serverlog.txt but it gets dropped in about 3-4 seconds. the phone displays an alert "file cannot be found" although the url is fine.

Anyone doing something similar? or can suggest something that i might have overlooked?

Thanks!!! :roll:

Guest flick556
Whats up guys....

I have the i600.  I have posted before with a Wi-fi question....  but now it is something more technical to discuss.

the multimedia capabities of the i600 are widely known and revered. I have sucessfully streamed video with audio from tv2phone.com.  The streams are in .asx format.  (windows encoded)

i run a shoutcast server that streams .mp3.  When i log onto that server, i see my mobile IP get logged onto my serverlog.txt but it gets dropped in about 3-4 seconds.  the phone displays an alert "file cannot be found" although the url is fine.

thinking it was a stream format incapatablity...  i did an .asx passthrough and put it up on an http server.  again... i see my IP get logged onto my serverlog.txt but it gets dropped in about 3-4 seconds.  the phone displays an alert "file cannot be found" although the url is fine.

Anyone doing something similar? or can suggest something that i might have overlooked?

Thanks!!!  :roll:

The i600 can only listen to mp3 encoded in a certain bitrate or below, sorry I can't remember off hand

Guest paalooI600

flick... thanks for the reply

WMP player on the phone plays .asx, .mp3, .wma, and .wav streams. all of which i have tested.

the bitrate would not matter... cuz it would just take longer to buffer and then play.

any other suggestions? ANYONE?

THANKS! :roll:

Guest flick556
flick...  thanks for the reply

WMP player on the phone plays .asx, .mp3, .wma, and .wav streams.  all of which i have tested.

the bitrate would not matter... cuz it would just take longer to buffer and then play.

any other suggestions?  ANYONE?

THANKS!  :roll:

I'am refering to the max sample rate that a specific audio codec supports,

here is a list of the different codecs for wma and wmv. and wether smartphone supports them. You will notce that codecs with sampling rates higher than 48 kilohertz don't seem to be supported. I think mp3 files have the same limitation on smartphone. I lisen to music on my i600 and usualy i have to chose the low bitrate versions of stuff for it to work.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsme...patibility.aspx

Some of the other audio players for smartphone support other codecs