Talking while i600 is on the Cradle

Guest mjkaraoke

Guest mjkaraoke

Has anyone else tried to talk on the phone while the phone is connected to the sync/charging cradle?

I've tried to use the speaker phone and I've tried to talk directly into the mic, but it's almost impossible to hear or be heard while the phone is on the charger.

Samsung tech support says that they know about this and that it's a "feature". They said that the cradle is primarily for syncing and not talking.

My point is this. Syncing takes 2 minutes. Charging takes X hours. When I'm at home or at the office I want to be able to talk on the speaker phone while the phone is in the cradle.

Anyone else have issues with this?

Guest travelfeet

I use the speaker phone all the time when my phone is in the cradle. OEM cradle and charger, no issues... Sounds great, though the mic sensitivity does not equal the speaker volume. Its always like this, not just in the cradle

Guest awesterink
I use a jabra bluetooth while it is the cradle. works fine

Uh? That begs for explanation....how exactly are you using a bluetooth headset with the Samsung i600?

[Edit] ah never mind...must be the Freespeak with the headset jack.

Guest mjkaraoke

OK, you guys will think I'm crazy, but I can't send/receive email either while the phone is in the cradle.

I have a POP3 account set up. I can send/receive messages while I'm holding the phone in my hand. But once I put the i600 in the cradle and try to send an email I get a message that says...

"The following errors occurred while sending and receiving mail: The message(s) could not be sent. Verify that you have network coverage and that your account information is correct and then try again."

Maybe it's just me....*sigh*