Airplane mode problem

Guest winix

Guest winix

Hi All,

I have been using my MIO 8380 for a few days, and it is really lovely. However, today after a crash (feature of Microsoft?) and took out the battery, it turn back on with airplane mode (radio off) and will not come back. I have tried hard resetting the phone, update the phone rom to the extended rom by anonymous programmer, and hard resetting it many times, still no luck.

I am really upset as now I have no phone to use. Could please someone suggest what I should try? I have tried a few ways found on the internet including putting in the original SD card, and praying. Please help!

(If someone can get me old rom images older than R55, I would try to put it back, and do update again, last thing to try)

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
Guest garimarii

i had the same problem---There is no WAY back! they changed my Phone--so i have now a new one!

i will never turn Radio of in My live !! always on! :D

good luck!

• 3 months later...
Guest swassbac

I had the same problem months ago and I did a hard-reset with the original SIM card and it got it working. A reset with my larger SIM card would not make it out of airplane mode.

However, it got stuck back in Airplane mode last week and that method didn't get it working again. If anyone has a suggestion...

Guest martin

The only thing I can suggest is going to Setting Telephony-Networks and setting Network Selection to Manual (press done and ignore error) then try and turn radio back on.

Also put you SIM in another phone and attach to the network and then put the SIM back in the Smartphone.