'its a known issue and a replacement will

Guest joecov

Guest joecov

not fix the problem'- (the buzzing that is) thats what I have just been told by Orange 10 mins ago, thanks very much! I am on my second handset, she was really nice but she basically told me I am stuck with the handset for 12 months and that an update is on the way. My only option is to claim 3 times on care and they have to offer me an alternative handset. COMPLETELY SH#T in my opinion, she did say at the end if nothing happens in a week call back and moan-wonderful :x

Guest james srs2

same here mate, with my old E200

but i sent it back and opted for a nokia 6600 and it was the same buzzing that could be heard on spv E200.

some gezzer in a phone shop said he has had no end of compliants about certain

hand sets all with the same fault (buzzing, distortion, crackle)

and he thinks it the network, but only tri bad phones!!!

and i think that the E100 is not tri band and i have no problem's with it

Guest beersoft

the spv and the E100 are triband

infact most phones nowdays are triband iirc.

the buzzing in the e200 is speaker related as you don't get it when you use a bt headset iirc

later

Owen

Guest james srs2

i was lead to belive that the e100 was not triband

but if its the speaker, why is the 6600 having the same problem?

my E200 did through the headset! was alot more noticable when it was stuck in my ears!

Guest beersoft

hmmm, let me see

i'll just check my last 6 phones for buzzing

6210 - triband - no buzzing

8310 - triband - no buzzing but horrid keys

6310 - triband - no buzzing but cool purpleish backlight

spv - triband - no buzzing crappy build quality and screen

e100 - triband - no buzzing better screen, still crappy build

mpx200 - triband - no buzzing and it rocks

the buzzing isn't a triband issue.

later

Owen

Guest james srs2

i think i might just bang my head on the wall outside!!! VERY HARD!!!

What is it then!! lol.

this is my only problem with the E200!

yes my E100 is perfect! but i want the E200! with same same sound quality,

i can live with the software problems

Guest Baddass

ive only had my phoen for a couple of weeks and i noticed some slight buzzing at first, now tho its not bad at all really......i find pressing the phone harder against my ear totally clears the buzzing (as it def seems def to be a speaker issue)

takign the advice from someone on the forums i decided to "break my speaker in" a bit, by playing some heavy bass mp3s thru it........that seemed to help a lot too which is worth a try

hopefully the rom update wiull clear things more as it was mentioned on the french rom info that it should address the buzzing, and perhaps is related to the radio ver update which will b included........hopefully theyve got all the levels sorted now and it wont buzz so much

Guest lowbug

When it buzzs do you see a stripe go down the screen top to bottom?

I ask because mine only buzzes on very low battery power and this happens. I wonder if it might be a connected battery time/power issue????

Long shot?

Guest phildrudge

i spoke to them several times this afternoon (they kept hanging up because i was swearing at them - fair enough i suppose) and apparently because it is a known fault, it wont generate a fault code, and therefore they wont repair/replace it at all. Seems like a complete contradiction in terms to me, but hey. I ditched mine and i'm looking at getting an xda11. It seems to be able to do things that it should be able to do!

Guest Baddass
what are orange gonna do if its a hardware issue? surely not a recall? considering their response so far

imo, it seems like it to do with the speaker itself vibrating on a call slightly, as when u press against it, it will stop, probable that the radio version has strange bass and treble levels which cause this vibrations when on a call, hopefully an updated radio ver migth address this problem

Guest drblow

Its funny how different people get different reactions from Orange CS!!??

@ phildrudge - if you are actually losing your rag with them on the phone (completely understandable!) then I'm not suprised you are getting nowhere. If CS don't tell me what I want to hear, I ask for a super. Usually don't get one, but there is no point arguing with CS staff who can't take an issue any further.

In the whole time with Orange SPV's (thats a year of 2 SPV's / 3 e100's, & now 6 e200's!! :evil: ), I have never been asked to return a handset, and when things don't go my way, I escalate the call to coach/supervisor/level 2 manager. If you have a valid complaint they will have to let you speak to someone in authority. They are usually better to deal with coz they can actually take action to stop you crying - like send you a replacement or whatever.

Guest joecov

last night I got a voicemail from orange from the cs rep I spoke to a week and a half ago! telling me what I had been told 2 days ago, surely there would be a note on their system that I had called....maybe not.

Guest phildrudge

drblow

I lost my rag beacuse the girl refused to let me speak to her supervisor or anyone above her! I kept asking to talk to her coach/supervisor/boss anyone else who could sort me out and she point blank refused!!! that was why i was getting frustrated! Everything i suggested, like repairing the handset, replacing it, getting a different model, changing the software, changing anything, just got a pointed " no sir that wont be possible"

Guest drblow

phildrudge - I totally sympathise m8, I've had a few morons myself in the past & when you're annoyed anyway about your phone & then you get an unhelpful CS person, it is hard not to get a bit touchy!! :shock:

If you have that experience again, ask the person for their name/ext number. If they refuse to give it to you, that only gives you more ammunition!! :)

Hang up & phone back immediately and ask the next person for a super directly. When they ask why, just tell 'em the last person refused to do it, you have an issue you have been told cannot be resolved & you want to take it further. It's unlikely you'll get 2 in a row refusing to do it, but if you do, like I said, it's just more ammunition for you when you do get the super. If a customer complaint cannot be dealt with by CS staff, they MUST give you access to a higher level. That may involve you waiting for a callback - make them arrange a time with you, and again, if they miss that time, it only gives you more ammo. If you are polite & persistant, you will eventually get to speak to someone who will listen. The more mucking around you have had, the more reason the supervisor will have to offer you some kind of compensation! :wink:

Its always good to get peoples names, and they more often than not tell you their name as they answer the phone, so its never a bad idea to write it down at the beginning of a conversation.

The effect is sometimes quite dramatic if you are able to say something like ... "so, (insert name), I can quote you as saying that you are refusing to let me speak to a supervisor/cannot deal with my problem? Because I intend to take this issue further & I need to be aware of eaxctly what you are telling me. Can I just confirm your name? Just let me write this down ... (insert name) form OCS on (insert date) told me that she was not prepared to let me speak to a supervisor, and would not offer me any help on dealing with the issue ..."

Know what I mean?? :lol: If CS staff get the impression that you are not just another mug, they react differently. It freaks them out if they think you are taking down details about their name, and what they have told you - coz alot of 'em just make stuff up to try to get you off the phone, but if they're confronted with that they know they'll get in trouble! At the end of the day, CS staff are very limited in the ways they can help you. And they are encouraged to just try to get you off the phone without taking the issue further. There is a distinct reluctance to let you speak to another level, but you CAN do it.

The most important thing is tho not to let them get you too angry (difficult I know! :lol: ). If you start to be abusive or aggressive, you've lost it straight away coz the CS person will have no motivation to help you anymore & is just thinking they want you off the phone.

I have nearly always had good service from CS. My problems are invariably just with the actual product itself, but usually I get a good enough response form CS. That said, of course I too have had to work around a few muppets, but I have never had anyone be quite as bad as you seem to get.

My advice is try to get the first CS person to feel sorry for you - if you can get them on your side, it will be beneficial in the end.

Guest phildrudge

yes, i know they are normally very good, virtually every other person i spoke to was very helpful and polite, i think i got a work experience girl!