Verizon SMTP gateway?

Guest pschamel

Guest pschamel

Has anyone had luck using the Verizon SMTP gateway for outbound mail? I've tried using Sunnysoft Mail Center, and Verizon support told me that the i600 natively doesn't support outbound authentication (I'm assuming that Sunnysoft piggybacks on the native mail system), and since Verizon won't allow relay mail without authentication, am unable to send mail. Suggestions?

Guest harriscohen

To send emails from Verizon on the i600 you can type "6245' in the "To:" box and then put the recipient's email address in the "Subject:" line.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest pschamel

cool. the smtp.com solution works for me -- I'm using SunnySoft Mail Center, not the native mail client (which I have set up for another account) -- neither of the others did. I'm also confused about how anyone could have been using an outboung smtp gateway "for years" on an i600 -- the problem seems to be specific to the i600's inability to send outbound authentication info (SunnySoft seems to piggyback on the native mail program). Thanks.

Guest mark_k

Do you need to turn Authentication on?

If yes what is the username and password?

jocamero, Are you really doing this?

How are you doing this?

Thanks

Guest jocamero

AFAIK no authintication is required since you are connecting with a Verizon IP address. So in my settings I don't have authentication checked. I can verify this works on my phone and in Outlook on my PC when I connect to the net via the i600:

(Program-Settings-More-Phone Settings-Other-USB: Change from "Active Sync" to "Eternal Data Call")

Guest pschamel

Hmmm. Was a different type of authorization ever set up on your account to make this work and/or do you specify a particular port #? Just using mail.airbridge.net on default port 2525 as an outbound mail server absolutely doesn't work for me, but using smtp.com does -- I had to register so it recognized my sending ID, and wonder if something like this is happening for you with Verizon.

Guest mark_k
Hmmm. Was a different type of authorization ever set up on your account to make this work and/or do you specify a particular port #? Just using mail.airbridge.net on default port 2525 as an outbound mail server absolutely doesn't work for me, but using smtp.com does -- I had to register so it recognized my sending ID, and wonder if something like this is happening for you with Verizon.

I tried it also and it does not work for me either.