Can't send email

Guest diffchin

Guest diffchin

Hello,

Anyone have a problem sending emails from the i600? It receives fine but when I send I get a message from "System Administrator", Subject: Invalid message recipients.

I've checked and double checked the incoming and outgoing mail server entries in options.

I know the emails are right because there sync'ed from my outlook 2002 and every email gives the same message.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Guest paulkbiba

I have never been able to send email from the phone. Verizon told me that their SMTP servers are not working.

I bought a subscription to smtp.com and use their servers to send my email it works like a charm. Try www.smtp.com

Guest Santa Fe

I have no problem using earthlink.

First I had to delete all my e-mail settings and start over.

I use mail.earthlink.net for incoming and smtpauth.earthlink.net for outgoing server.

One other thing that I found I had to do was to put my complete e-mail address in the user name box.

Then I had to do a soft re-set of cutting the phone off and leaving it off for about five minutes.

And you must check"server requires authentication".

After that it always works.

Guest mark_k
I have never been able to send email from the phone.  Verizon told me that their SMTP servers are not working.

I bought a subscription to smtp.com and use their servers to send my email it works like a charm.  Try www.smtp.com

That's BS, Verizon's SMTPservers are working. I am using right now.

Call Data Suport at Verizon.

Guest mark_k
I have no problem using earthlink.

First I had to delete all my e-mail settings and start over.

I use mail.earthlink.net for incoming and smtpauth.earthlink.net for outgoing server.

One other thing that I found I had to do was to put my complete e-mail address in the user name box.  

Then I had to do a soft re-set of cutting the phone off and leaving it off for about five minutes.  

And you must check"server requires authentication".

After that it always works.

THis requires that you have an account with earthlink. The verizon SMTP allowa any account from any ISP to send thru them.

• 2 months later...
Guest Paramedic1

Thank you, this works great. It was painless, and only cost $29.95 per year for a personal account. :) :lol: :lol:

I bought a subscription to smtp.com and use their servers to send my email it works like a charm. Try www.smtp.com