Installed new themes...Now cant uninstall

Guest robdes

Guest robdes

I installed a few new themes on my i-mate smrtphone 2

I went into remove programs where they were listed but when i choose to remove them I got a message saying that the program cannot be removed.

Other than deleting the files, is there any way to remove this new themes?

Guest Disco Stu

Try using ActiveSynch - Tools, Add / Remove Programs.

You might want to switch the phone off / on first to clear any plug-ins in use in the background.

Guest pipiballs
Try using ActiveSynch - Tools, Add / Remove Programs.

You might want to switch the phone off / on first to clear any plug-ins in use in the background.

I faced the same problems. I have no problems removing those .zip or .cab files but i just cant figure out a way to remove those skins that comes in .hme files

Guest cougal96

i dont know what problem it is or why any1 has not attempted a solution (e.g orange) but i think it is a major bug on smartphones E100 & E200. I had this exact same problem however i could not uninstall anything - i think this is the case with you too u have just not realised it. The only solution is a hard reset. i have heard of many types of ways people have tried fixing the problem (e.g using activesync there is a add/remove program list built in and also using smart explorer on the actual phone to manually delete the files) however i feel a hard reset is the best way to be sure- i have done it twice now and fingers crossed :roll: it will not happen again!!!

I may be chattin complete rubbish but from experience this is the only way!!!

Guest Disco Stu

I don't really know what an .hme file does differently to a .cab file but I would have thought it just puts the xml and jpg files in AppData / Home.

If there's nothing fancy going on with the skin that would involve registry changes then I reckon you're safe just to delete the files manually. A hard reset is possibly a tadge too nut / sledgehammer for smple skins.

• 1 month later...
Guest pbardon98

Hi everybody.

I'm French so, sorry for my English. Anyway, After 3 hard resets, I found the problem: If you have more than 49 installed softs (HME, CAB...), your removed programs list will be empty.

That's Microsoft. One more Bug!!!

Choose one oe more programs to delete through your ActiveSync tool. I did the test several time and it's correctly running...

Hope the new release will fix this problem!! How tell Microsoft that there setting.exe program is corrupted?