help me turn off the low battery indicator!!

Guest ronss

Guest ronss

So far so good, but the confounded low battery indicator that chirps is driving me crazy. It starts going off when the battery icon shows 1 bar of power left, even though there's approx. 30-35% of the power left. It chirps even if you put the phone on vibrate (meeting) mode. Spoke to Samsung today, and they say there's no way to turn it off. If we're stuck with that noise, however, and it forces us to change batteries when there's 30-35% of the power left, it effectively makes the battery life even shorter than it really is.

There's got to be a way to hack that low battery chirping sound off. Can anyone provide any hints on how to do it?

Thanks.

Guest paalooI600

GREAT POST!

that beep is horrible.

there are posts to do it on the i700 with a Registry hack but nothing so far with the i600.

Get the PHM Regsitry Editor and u can find that key here:

My Device/HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Control Panel/Sounds/LowBattery

there are 2 keys:

Category

Sound

my guess is category is who controls that notification (default value is 1 for System)... and sound the actual midi file that it uses.

i was thinking about changing it to 0 or deleting the midi file all together. BUT... i dont have the time nor the patience to deal with trial and error.

i know this was NO help to u... but hopefully others look at this and feel motivated to hack away. :wink: or someone who is savvy at the regedit can proprose some solution.

DOWN WITH THE LOW BATT BEEP!!!!!

:roll:

• 2 years later...
Guest phonerookie
GREAT POST!

that beep is horrible.

there are posts to do it on the i700 with a Registry hack but nothing so far with the i600.

Get the PHM Regsitry Editor and u can find that key here:

My Device/HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Control Panel/Sounds/LowBattery

there are 2 keys:

Category

Sound

my guess is category is who controls that notification (default value is 1 for System)... and sound the actual midi file that it uses.

i was thinking about changing it to 0 or deleting the midi file all together. BUT... i dont have the time nor the patience to deal with trial and error.

i know this was NO help to u... but hopefully others look at this and feel motivated to hack away. :wink: or someone who is savvy at the regedit can proprose some solution.

DOWN WITH THE LOW BATT BEEP!!!!!

:roll:

Resurreting an OLD thread LOL (and look, this is my 1st post too!)

The above registry tweak did not work for me. I tried changing few other things in the registry too without any effect.

Finally, I changed two things that made it go away:

HK CurrentUser/ControlPanel/SoundCategories/LoweBattery

There are a few values there. I changed the following two to "0":

Initvol

Speaker

And you know what - it has been quiet ever since... no more annoying beeps! I do still get an alert on the screen but at least it is NOT BEEPING! ;)