Erase the T9 Dictionary

Guest marauderz

Guest abdllatif

Thx that worked, although I would rather use it :roll: I found it strange to find out I could change the filename while stil in use!

Guest abdllatif

Downloaded it, installed it, didn't see it worked, BUT IT WORKED! removed the file in the system folder, but it was rebuild immediately from the document folder.

In use with sm2002 on Motorola mpx200.

Wil let you know how it keeps on working.

Thanks for all your help.

Got to run..................

Guest stevekay

Right, I have finally updated the T9 Editor so that there is more error handling and seems to cope with MPx200 dictionaries.

The common problem that most people had was an overflow :oops:

The MPx200 dictionary that I was given a sample of (thanks abdllatif) has some interesting numbers rather than the uniform ones generated by my E200, and their relation to checksum calculation is a bit of a mystery :-k

So what I have done is changed the values set on these 'interesting' numbers to the more uniform E200 values. Obviously I haven't tested on an MPx200 so please make sure that you back up your database before trying it.

I have successfully edited the file from abdllatif and put back on my phone, and it worked fine. Please let me know if it doesn't work.

8) If you are using the T9 Monitor tool, make sure that you kill it off (using SP Task Manager) or by the method mentioned earlier in this topic before uploading the saved database (and delete the backup in MyDocuments as well).

Steve

T9Editor.zip

Guest Pagemakers

Personally, I just use CopyT9 in my start folder. Never lost my T9 since :)

I prefer this to T9Monitor, because T9Monitor allows you to change your T9 dictionary allowing you to add mis-spelled "wurds" again, which you then have to edit out with T9Editor.

If you only use CopyT9, you can create your own custom dictionary that gets loaded at each boot up. This way, it never gets corrupted with useless words.

Guest abdllatif

The new T9 Monitor works fine for me, l hemdullilah, I am very very happy with it!!

Amazing that you put so much work in it Stevekay for frrrreee.

Unfortunately the T9 editor does not do the job well, for MPX200 phone.

At start when I open the fresh file it gives a notice (this may be meant to be) checksums differ, a new checksum will be generated when the file is saved 3 !=23

After editing and saving the file, the phone does not recognize it anymore. The words are still in the file, but don't come up when writing.

I can add new words to the file with my phone, and if I open again with T9 Editor it gives the same notice but at the end 16 !=545

will this help some Stevekay?

Guest abdllatif

The T9Editor does do the job wel!! for Motorola MPX200 (sm 2002) the thing is, the phone needs to be rebooted not only after closing T9Monitor on the phone, but also after installing the new made udb file with the editor program.

The message checksums differ, a new checksum will be generated is only displayed ones if opened with T9Editor (that is for me at this moment)

Sorry Stevekay, but we also had a privat conversation on that, this morning.

More importent IT WORKS!

Guest rogerbates

So it isn't just the SPV series that forgets then? That is strange, why have phones with T9 taken a backward step. :roll:

The first phone that I had with T9 was about 5 years ago and that never forgot them at all and worked perfectly. Funny with all the advancements that we have had with phones that a basic functionality seems to have been lost. Going to have to choose my next phone very carefully.

Guest Pagemakers

I have an MPX 200 for 3 weeks and it never lost a single word. My E200 'used' to loose T9 every single day before Steve's fix.

Guest pisquee

Using T9 monitor on my E200, unfortunately it is still loosing words, and so having to manually restore the backup, and do a manual merge of words on the backup and my original list with the T9 editor app.

Guest rogerbates
Using T9 monitor on my E200, unfortunately it is still loosing words, and so having to manually restore the backup, and do a manual merge of words on the backup and my original list with the T9 editor app.

I am having the same problem. It seems to work for a while then stop and I have to then restore the backup manually.

Guest ormstont

Is there no way on T9 Editor to add punctuation to the database. I know that the phone can remember it but it doesn't seem to be able to be added. I ask because I often sign off with smilies or add something like 'g'night' which it won't add because of the ' character.

Guest pisquee

For punctuation, and other non enterable characters .... you need to use copy/paste ... although Ctrl V will not work - right click on the text entry box in T9 Editor and select Paste.

I have had a stab at a T9 Editor.  I have tried it on the mst9.udb from my E200 and the extra words that I put in are found, and the ones that are deleted do not show up.

Let me know if there are any problems.

Simply download the mst9.udb file from your phone, edit it, and put it back.  Applications that use T9 may have to be terminated before the database is refreshed.

Requires .NET Framework and runs on your PC ...

EDIT: I noticed a small programming error and have corrected it.

Where can I get .NET Framework from - and will the T9Editor and .NET Framework run on Windows XP Professional (I ask cos a later message in this thread says 'Won't run in winxp')?

Sorry - this message seems to have been posted twice - Ooops. :D(

I have had a stab at a T9 Editor.  I have tried it on the mst9.udb from my E200 and the extra words that I put in are found, and the ones that are deleted do not show up.

Let me know if there are any problems.

Simply download the mst9.udb file from your phone, edit it, and put it back.  Applications that use T9 may have to be terminated before the database is refreshed.

Requires .NET Framework and runs on your PC ...

EDIT: I noticed a small programming error and have corrected it.

Where can I get .NET Framework from - and will the T9Editor and .NET Framework run on Windows XP Professional (I ask cos a later message in this thread says 'Won't run in winxp')?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest stevekay

I have updated all my T9 apps after converting the editor from VB .NET to VC++ .NET.

New Features:

1) T9Monitor now put into CAB file for easy installation/removal.

2) Shortcuts automatically created in start menu and startup folders.

3) New application StopT9Monitor (included in CAB file) which will kill the T9Monitor process.

4) T9Editor can now get the T9 database directly from the phone and put it back.

5) A few of the inital bugs have been fixed and rolled up.

Limitations:

1) Still cannot decipher the T9AW.udb format - so sorry no support for that.

2) Any apps that use T9 (which is most) must be stopped before uploading the T9 database otherwise they can overwrite what you have uploaded.

If anyone has any further suggestions (or indeed the file format of T9AW), I would much appreciate it.

The ZIP file contains SP T9 Editor.exe for the PC (requires .NET framework) and T9Monitor.ARM.CAB for the phone.

Steve

T9Suite.zip

Guest echolock

Brilliant. Nice one mate.

Dunno if you fixed it, but I was getting a serious memory leak in an earlier version of T9 monitor. I'll try out this one though.

Guest abdllatif

I was already very happy with the last version, but the stop on the program makes the backup, and check, ones in a while even more easier. Don't even need to reboot after downloading and uploading new T9 files.

My arabic messages never have been written as quick as nowadays.

Thanx Stevekay!

I had a checksum error today with the T9 editor program, first it told me checksum error after that sommething like differ in checksum.

I ignored and edited my file, after that saved it and loaded it up the phone again, it still looks to work allright. I have about 270 words in it now! [-o<