SIM UNLOCK your MPX200

Guest florin_m

• 2 weeks later...
Guest aquila09

This is the best. I have had major problems unlocking my MPX200. Used another company whos number did not work. I even sent them my phone and they still couldn't unlock it. I am pc illiterate and these guys talked me through the whole process and sorted out problems I had along the way. I am now the owner of an unlocked MPX200 and a very happy person. Thanks guys.

Guest taffy1974

Can anybody tell me where to get an upgrade for MPX200 windows mobile 2002 edition and also to upgrade my firmware to activate gsm900 and MMS

Guest awarner [MVP]

Welcome to the site :P

There is not an upgrade for the MPX200 2002 and also there is not a firmware to activate the 900 band.

Only a few AT&T phones are triband the majority are ony dual band.

If you need an MPX200 that is definately tri-band you need to get a European Orange phone.

Guest boettr

hey guys im in Australia and an american mpx200 just turned up on ebay and i was thinking that i might bid on it and unlock it however after looking at Amir's problems when he moved to Israel im not so sure. Will this work if i take an american phone and try to use it on Australian networks?

Thanks

Richard

Guest awarner [MVP]

Al depends if the network you want to use the phone on uses the

900 band. If it does then it's best not to buy an AT&T mpx200

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SwissBrazil

Hm... I bought a UK MPx200 after reading many many threads here, and tried to unlock the SIM lock using the link posted here.. and after paying with Paypal, never received any instruction on how to proceed.. :x

I checked and rechecked all my details here and on Paypal, all ok.. so my question is this link still valid? the upload page works, as I got the message that my payment was done (and confirmed by paypal)... I hope there is still a way to get my 'new' UK MPx200 to work on the swiss Orange network.. :oops:

Guest squall

have you checked in your junk mail folder for the email? it often gets sent there by mistake. If not email them. I know they will help you out, and solve your problems

Guest florin_m

@all users.

IF YOU HAVE PROBLEM WITH OUR SERVICE PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU WRITE TO THE SUPPORT TEAM(email address can be found on the web site). EVEN IF I AM IN HOLIDAY, THAT DOESN'T MEAN YOU DON'T GET THE SUPPORT!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest shennaningans

hi i wanna unlock my mpx200 but my phone asking for the puk code, will this make any difference and also what happens after payment??

thanks

ian

Guest TANKERx

Just wanted to add my comment that this service is very fast and it sent me a working code within an hour of me asking for it (may even have been minutes had I hung around to collect the e-mail).

I was expecting the e-mail tomorrow since today is a Bank Holiday, but it worked so thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest oallostavros

Hi guys. I bought an MPX 200 from ebay from a guy who promised me an unlocked mpx 200. Sure enough I got the phone and it is an ATnT phone that is LOCKED. I should probably try to get him to pay for the unlocking cost, but I don't know if he will ever pay for it.

So, am I safe to assume that this unlock (the flora one) will work for this US ATnT locked phone? Are there any cheaper unlocks available that are reputable?

Also, will the unlock make the phone into a triband phone or do I need to get the firmware (or maybe its called a ROM) update for this?

Also what does it mean for a phone to get flashed?

Also, after I unlock the phone, I plan to update to WIN mobile 2003. So, then what is the best order to do ALL of this in? My guess is to unlock it first, then do the firmware update, and then finally, update to win mobile 2003 edition.

Also, I was planning on buying the win 2003 update and firmware stuff on ebay. If anyone has any bad experience or suggestions about this, please respond, b/c I am pretty clueless and I really want to get this phone to work.

Okay, last thing. When I turn on the phone, I first get a screen that says "Hellomoto" and then I get the screen that says "Windows Mobile 2002", and then I get a screen that says "Mobile Operator". After that, my phone asks me for an unlock code. So my question is, does anyone know what the "Hellomoto" and "mobile operator" screens are all about or if it is normal to get them?

Okay, last thing, really this time. I didn't get a sync cradle with my phone, but I do have a USB cable that fits this phone (its from my digital camera). If I use this instead of the sync cradle, will I still be able to unlock my phone?

Thanks a ton.

If anyone can answer any of these questions, I will be one happy camper.

Adios

Hi guys.  I bought an MPX 200 from ebay from a guy who promised me an unlocked mpx 200.  Sure enough I got the phone and it is an ATnT phone that is LOCKED.  I should probably try to get him to pay for the unlocking cost, but I don't know if he will ever pay for it.
Are you sure he didn't mean app unlocked (allowing you to run unsigned apps?)

So, am I safe to assume that this unlock (the flora one) will work for this US ATnT locked phone?  Are there any cheaper unlocks available that are reputable?

It should work on ALL MPx200 as previously stated.

Also, will the unlock make the phone into a triband phone or do I need to get the firmware (or maybe its called a ROM) update for this?  
That may not be possible as most AT&T phones were only dual band phones.

Also what does it mean for a phone to get flashed?

Also, after I unlock the phone, I plan to update to WIN mobile 2003.  So, then what is the best order to do ALL of this in?  My guess is to unlock it first, then do the firmware update, and then finally, update to win mobile 2003 edition.

The software is stored on a ROM chip on the phone. When you flash the chip it basically means you rewrite it with new information.

As for the WM2003 uprade, there isn't really much benefit to it on the MPx200 (I haven't and wouldn't do it myself), but if you really want to go ahead with it see below.

Also, I was planning on buying the win 2003 update and firmware stuff on ebay.  If anyone has any bad experience or suggestions about this, please respond, b/c I am pretty clueless and I really want to get this phone to work.
There is no official WM2003 update for the MPx200, and you certainly shouldn't pay for an illegal update that was previously available for free.

Okay, last thing.  When I turn on the phone, I first get a screen that says "Hellomoto" and then I get the screen that says "Windows Mobile 2002", and then I get a screen that says "Mobile Operator".  After that, my phone asks me for an unlock code.  So my question is, does anyone know what the "Hellomoto" and "mobile operator" screens are all about or if it is normal to get them?

The HelloMoto screen is normal. The "Mobile Operator" screen makes it sound as though the phone has been flashed with a generic ROM as it should really have At&T's logo there.

Okay, last thing, really this time.  I didn't get a sync cradle with my phone, but I do have a USB cable that fits this phone (its from my digital camera).  If I use this instead of the sync cradle, will I still be able to unlock my phone?

I don't know exactly what you mean there. Using the USB cable is exatly the same as using the cradle, so there will be no difference at all.

Guest awarner [MVP]
Okay, last thing.  When I turn on the phone, I first get a screen that says "Hellomoto" and then I get the screen that says "Windows Mobile 2002", and then I get a screen that says "Mobile Operator".  After that, my phone asks me for an unlock code.  So my question is, does anyone know what the "Hellomoto" and "mobile operator" screens are all about or if it is normal to get them?
Please do not crosspost, what you mention in your other post is that you are trying to use a non AT&T phone so you will have to SIM unlock your phone otherwise you can only AT&T SIM

Okay, last thing, really this time.  I didn't get a sync cradle with my phone, but I do have a USB cable that fits this phone (its from my digital camera).  If I use this instead of the sync cradle, will I still be able to unlock my phone?

Be very careful what cable you use as there are various types, the mpx200 uses a 5pin mini SD where as some cameras use 7pin.