New bugs since update

Guest kevlar

Guest Rusty

Hmm indeed :? i've even tried hard resetting the phone twice aswell, to no avail. The card still works fine in my old SPV and tbh, even if i wasn't able to test the card, i'd find it hard to believe that it'd suddenly go belly up at exactly the same time as i update my E200 :-s

All i ever ask for from everything i buy is that it does more or less what it says on the tin. Imo Orange have taken the proverbial regarding this for as long as i can remember having an SPV, i really wish i'd learnt my lesson with the first SPV, but since they ended up getting it pretty good in the end, i kinda hoped they'd know what they were doing with the latest E200 - just goes to prove how wrong you can be. :-({|=

Guest Rusty

Incidentally Pagemakers - i notice you've had/got a P900, Nokia 660 and the Treo, what are your impressions of them as they're all on my list of options. Can the 6600 do stereo MP3? and is it on a par with the E200 functionality??

Guest Pagemakers

My work takes me to Europe several times a week, and I find my phone locks up when roaming on other networks. 2 colleagues at work also have the same problem, but that has been since E200's day 1.

Guest Bonzo

Hmmm I'm guessing then that the SD card issue isn't related to the card itself then if myself, Pagemakers and Rusty are all using 256Mb SanDisk cards, with myself and Rusty suffering and Pagemakers not!!!

If it wasn't for the fact that I've had stock software of the phone itself have this same problem too, (have had Media Player fail to see the disk with MP3's on it), I'd have said then mayube it was related to third party software in some way... don't see how tho!

It's almost like the update has failed to re-flash certain phone correctly with so many people experiencing different issues.. some with improved battery life some with no improvementor a perceived downgrading etc. etc.

Damn confusing tho :oops: Brings me back to a thought I posted elsewhere on the forum about possible production changes in the handsets themselves!!! Although in reality I'm probably missing something REALLY obvious :)

Guest Bonzo
 I find my phone locks up when roaming on other networks. 2 colleagues at work also have the same problem, but that has been since E200's day 1.  

Uh oh!!! This could get really interesting as I'm just off to the states for three weeks and will need to be in contact with work and in touch with my departments web based activity using the phone :)

Guest Pagemakers
Incidentally Pagemakers - i notice you've had/got a P900, Nokia 660 and the Treo, what are your impressions of them as they're all on my list of options. Can the 6600 do stereo MP3? and is it on a par with the E200 functionality??

Not got, had, they didn't last long.

P900, is too much of a two handed phone for my liking and I didn't like the OS.

Treo - Bloody awful tiny hard to press keys and poor screen quality.

6600 - Best of the bunch, but PC sync is awful and you can only connect by BT, something I could never achieve on 3 PCs even with the help of Nokia and my BT manufacturer TDK.

Even with its bugs, the e200 is leaps and bounds ahead in my opinion.....but not for much longer :)

Guest RussellH

Seems to me every phone these days comes with some kind of bugs. Whatever I get next with probably cause some frustration. Maybe I should get another E200 after all. I keep changing my mind every two minutes - Doh!

Guest superkingdave

Howcome my sms dont get saved in sent messages anymore? its quite annoying when you are trying to remember what you sent when you were drunk!

EDIT: Doh, found out how to turn that option back on!

Guest Dave.Burn

In playing around with the SD card problem, I have found that the phone switches the port off after a length of time, to conserve battery life. When trying to access the card from some programs(ie camera) the phone doesn't seem to open the port properly( hence egg timer). If, say, you try to store pictures to the card when taking photos (set under the options menu) but haven't used your phone in a while, it locks up. But if you remove and then re-insert the card before hand it works fine.

This is a problem to do with the software they are using to turn the card slot off to save power, it's not activating it again properly from some of the programs.

Guest pride

Yep thats exactly the problem I get. Damn annoying though - would I rather have a longer life battery or a sd card? Hmmmm, tough one - but a working phone that does what it claimed it could do would be a good start! As other countries have also received an update does anyone know if they are having the same issues as us poor saps?

Lets hope orange get another update out asap.