English T9 on Mio 8390

Guest tbendis

Guest tbendis

Can anyone confirm or deny that the Mio 8390 has English T9 functionality?

If the answer is no - it doesn't have English T9 - is it possible to install it?

I certainly appreciate anyone's insight?

Thanks,

Todd

Guest Psteven

T9 available in Hong kong region , taiwan version has chinese T9 and mms too. if anyone knows a fix for this would appreciate a reply thanks

Guest Psteven

T9 available in Hong kong region , taiwan version has chinese T9 and mms too. if anyone knows a fix for this would appreciate a reply thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Guest markgamber

I have a Hong Kong version and aside from a couple apps, it's all in English including the T9. Can Chinese T9 be replaced with English? I tend to doubt it since they're all ROM files. You'd probably need to flash it with an English ROM. Actually, my phone isn't entirely English either. I cold booted it this morning just to see what would happen and it all came up in Chinese. One of the settings, however, lets you set it to US English and after doing that and rebooting again, it came up in English.

Lucky you mark, well at least you can use the T9 and MMS, just hoping mitac relaese a ROM update soon.

btw: wat is are your rom version numbers?

"Z"

Guest markgamber

I wish I could use the MMS....I can't read Chinese. Hopefully someday, but this isn't the day. The rom version is 4.20 build 13291.

Guest markgamber

I just did a hard reset and it came up in Chinese. I then went to Settings->Regional Settings and changed it to English language and locale, cycled the phone and it came back up in English, including T9. I would guess that I could change it back to Chinese if I wanted to since the option is there.

Per MMS, I finally heard back from Arcsoft. I thought I was about as explicit as I could get in my message to them, describing the phone, the problem and the version number of the app but their response was "Tell us where you got the program and maybe we can assist you". I tried to reply back several times and they all bounced so I guess they're not going to be of any help....surprise surprise.