OSX homescreen with RJ Shortcut plugin. UPDATED

Guest carvas

Guest carvas

UPDATED: now it doesn't show the unwanted icons image on the top left corner.

Well here it is the file as i promised in other post. :)

this homescreen works perfectly in a Qtek 8080. :lol:

overwrite the XML file after you install the OSX homescreen with this file.

this file makes the fantastic OSX homescreen of DarkXin's work on any OS, together with RJ plugin of course... :lol:

P.S.: if you check inside the xml file you'll see that the images are linked to the Storage/Application Data/Home directory. if you use a SPV E100/IMate... or a normal SPV you'll have to use the IPSM/Application Data/Home directory in the paths for images.

Remember, you have to install RJ Shortcut plugin, the latest edition.

Regards!

dx_osx.home.zip

Guest mt01631

OK maybe I'm totally thick (good chance :wink: ) but can anyone tell me what order you install the various plugins and so on to get this to work on a spv e200.

Started off with latest rj shortcuts, then the main file (for storage card) then the latest fix.

Still not going past the profile button on the shortcut bar.......so near yet so far...

Help :oops:

Guest carvas

first you must install RJ Shortcut plugin, the lateste version. then install the OSX homescreen, then overwrite the xml (dx_osx.home.xml) with the one i posted here and that should work...

regards!

Guest mt01631

Yup, exactly what I have done I'm afraid!!

Have insinstalled everything and even tried the diff version of the homescreen.

Anything to do with the fact it's an orange phone?

Cheers

Mark

Guest carvas

well... let's try this...

i packed the images used on the skin and the cool Apps folder too, they are on the attached zip file.

be sure to use the folders specified in the zip file... which are:

/Storage/Application Data/Home/dx_osx2 , in this one put the images and the folder named Apps

in /Storage/Application Data/Home , put the XML file...

then in the settings menu select the homescreen named DarXkin's OS X2...

NOTE: if you check the XML file, the links are related to applications or links located in the Windows folder placed in the root directory, on the iMate or the Qtek 7070 the apps and the links maybe not the same... because i use a Qtek 8080 with WM2003...

don't forger you have to install RJ Shortcuts Plugin!

Regards.

dx_osx2.zip

Guest mt01631

Everyone

"CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES COME ON"

Sorry got carried away there :)

Cheers Carvas, working like a dream now, one of my mates is here and so impressed by the phone and the support from guys like yourself that he's off to order one.

Thanks again

Mark

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kavok

This thread as well as the one that keeps getting linked to this one are confusing as heck. Links go back to the tops of pages and back and forth between these two.

I've managed to install this OS X hack on my Mio 8380 and it seems to be working ok, except for the "dock" at the bottom. I've been trying to figure out how to fix this but using the posts on this list has just exascerbated the situation.

Can someone please post what files are actually needed to fix this otherwise wonderful skin for Smartphone? Also exactly where they can be found? The link that goes to the other thread has nothing to do with RJ Shortcut Plugin (at least that I can find), whatever that is.

Thank you

Kavok

Guest Kavok
Here is the WORKING dock version, You also need to install RJ Shortcuts

Okay where can I get the RJ Shortcuts. Everytime someone types the word "plugin" Modaco automatically makes it a link which doesn't seem to have what you're talking about. Thanks for the XML.

Kavok

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kermaphone

Help! I'm trying to install this on my MPX 200, ATT version, unlocked...

I've installed the RJ Shortcuts, the homescreen, and the updated version. I tried it once with one file, and I just had a blank screen, and problems. Then I downloaded another one (can't remember which now) and it worked, but not through all the icons...

ratcom, since you have an MPX, can you help please? THNX!

Guest ratcom

@kermaphone

Just download attachment thats with THIS post. Install the CAB file on your phone then drag (and replace) the file called "dx_osx3.home.xml" with the one in the rar file and that should be it.... however you should remember to change the shortcuts to programs you wish to use.

e.g. -

Media Player

Media Player

I hope this helps :D

working sp2002 version.rar

Guest kermaphone

Thanks, but I'm not having any luck. The one I just downloaded from, actually worked with the regular XML file...though it still wouldn't go past profiles. The osx3 wouldn't work at all, just blank first page, and looked nothing like it should. SIGH!

Guest ratcom

hmmmm Ill tell you what install the version you can get working on your phone then post the file "dx_osx.home.xml" from your phone here Ill then change it myself to get it working with RJ Shortcuts. :wink:

Guest kermaphone

Here is the XML file that worked...it's the osx one from the rar you just posted.

I had compared the 2 files (the osx original from the rar file and the osx3), and I noticed the plugin codes were different. I tried just changing the plugin codes, but then it wouldn't load the screen at all. It would just show the "wait" image, then nothing new would happen.

I also tried to replace some programs at that time. I wanted the Album to be File Manager, MSN Messenger to be active sync, and Links to be Quick Close. I tried, but not go.

Thanks so much for your help!

I've attached it as a .txt file.

dx_osx.home.txt

Guest ratcom

Here you go kermaphone, I must admit Id made a mistake in the first place :oops: Id forgot that I had renamed the directory which holds the screens :oops: thats why it would not work at all ! anyway here is a fixed version for you :D

P.S. dont forget to edit the shortcuts to whatever you want.

dx_osx[1].home.rar

Guest kermaphone

Thanks, its working great now! ;-)

One quick question though...

When I switch to another homescreen, and press the programs button, the menu still has the OSX background on it. When I get say to the settings menu, and select it, then it revers to the correct background. Any idea why?

Thanks!!