OSX homescreen with RJ Shortcut plugin. UPDATED

Guest carvas

Guest kermaphone

I adjusted mine a bit...added the motorola symbol, a bigger clock (with the RJ Time plugin, so you see the hands), and replaced the buttons for the programs I'm using in the bottom tool bar. Spent too much of my day on this! LOL

newosxscreenshot.jpg

Guest HuskerDu
well... let's try this...

i packed the images used on the skin and the cool Apps folder too, they are on the attached zip file.

be sure to use the folders specified in the zip file... which are:

/Storage/Application Data/Home/dx_osx2 , in this one put the images and the folder named Apps

in /Storage/Application Data/Home , put the XML file...

then in the settings menu select the http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>homescreen named DarXkin's OS X2...

NOTE: if you check the XML file, the links are related to applications or links located in the Windows folder placed in the root directory, on the iMate or the Qtek 7070 the apps and the links maybe not the same... because i use a Qtek 8080 with WM2003...

don't forger you have to install RJ Shortcuts http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>plugin!

Regards.

Just installed it on my Qtek8080 and i got the following error msg:

"No home screen layouts can be found.Install a valid home screen layout and then select it bla..bla..."

:roll:

The .xml file and the folder dx_OSx2 are under /Storage/Applications Data/Home. What am i doing wrong?

Guest carvas

HuskerDu, be sure to have the Background set to Default and the Color theme too. and be sure to copy all the images to the directorys i told...

Regards!

Guest HuskerDu
HuskerDu, be sure to have the Background set to Default and the Color theme too. and be sure to copy all the images to the directorys i told...

Regards!

No way... :D

I noticed something quite strange. The only theme that works is Smarthome. Looking at the .xml file the default root folder in all command relative lines is:

"IPSMApplication DataHome !!!??

Is anything wrong with my registry??

I have a Qtek8080(WinMobile 2003) with the latest official ROM, so the efault folder for home screens is StorageApplication DataHome.

:x

Guest RichieRich

Hey there,

this one is for Kermaphone, I really liked what you did with the OSX homescreen (the addition of the analogue clock is neat!), is there any chance you could post that homescreen here?? Would love to have that without the Motorola sign though (as I own an E200) but if its not possible then I'll have it, as it is!!

Richie Rich :D

Guest carvas

HuskerDu... now that's really strange!

well... try renaming the directory names on the osx xml file to the the IPSM/Application Data/Home... (i think that wouldn't really work but what the heck...)

in last case... try a hard reset to set everything normal anda reinstall everything again...

dont really understand what's happening... did you install RJ Shortcuts plugin?!

Regards

Guest HuskerDu
HuskerDu... now that's really strange!

well... try renaming the directory names on the osx xml file to the the IPSM/Application Data/Home... (i think that wouldn't really work but what the heck...)

in last case... try a http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?p=97945#97945>Hard Reset to set everything normal anda reinstall everything again...

dont really understand what's happening... did you install RJ Shortcuts http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>plugin?!

Regards

Renaming the folders or Hard-rest didn"t help :D

I got 1.7.10.4 ROM version, what"s yours?

Guest Exodia

Here you go Richie..

Im not totally satisfied with it though... dont know whats missing.

Maybe the numbers need to be a different color or font?

Maybe the date time and op need to be positioned better?

Any sugestions would be welcome. :D

Anyway, when replacing your xml with my one, remember to add the clock gif to the same directory.

Have fun.

exodiahome.zip

homescreen.jpg

Guest carvas

HuskerDu... i don't have the Qtek 8080 anymore, i'm upgrading to a Qtek 2020.

My Qtek 8080's version was:

Smartphone 2003: 4.20.0 (build 13349)

radio: 1.12.00

operator: 1.7.10.4

Manufacturer: 1.11.10.0

Language: 1.11.10.0

File system: 4.20.13349.0

guess it's the same rom as yours...

i don't really know what else you can do :D but it's really weird that the homescreen doesnt work on your phone...

did you install RJ Shorcuts plugin?

Guest JusWannaGroove

Crav,

I followed your steps without any luck.

Because I am using a i600 I modified the xml to point to IPSM/Application Data/Home.

I now get an error "No home screen layouts can be found. Install a valid home screen layout...."

Any ideas?

Guest carvas

JusWannaGroove, be sure to extract all the files to the specified folders in your IPSM/Application Data/Home directory... and install RJ Shortcuts plugin.

or maybe the problem is here...

at the top of the XML file check this line:

where it says stroage be sure to put IPSM...

(this topic goes to HuskerDu too...)

regards.

Guest HuskerDu
JusWannaGroove, be sure to extract all the files to the specified folders in your IPSM/Application Data/Home directory... and install RJ Shortcuts http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>plugin.

or maybe the problem is here...

at the top of the XML file check this line:

where it says stroage be sure to put IPSM...

(this topic goes to HuskerDu too...)

regards.

Finally, it works! Sounds crazy, i just installed the original IPSM .cab file posted by Randy and replaced the .xml file with the one posted by Exodia with the analog clock(ThankU)

My Qtek 8080 "likes" only themes made for /IPSM/.../home folder stracture :shock:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Jef34
UPDATED: now it doesn't show the unwanted icons image on the top left corner.

Well here it is the file as i promised in other post. :)

this http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>homescreen works perfectly in a Qtek 8080.  :lol:  

overwrite the XML file after you install the OSX http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>homescreen with this file.

this file makes the fantastic OSX http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>homescreen of DarkXin's work on any OS, together with RJ plugin of course... :lol:

P.S.: if you check inside the xml file you'll see that the images are linked to the Storage/Application Data/Home directory. if you use a SPV E100/IMate... or a normal SPV you'll have to use the IPSM/Application Data/Home directory in the paths for images.

Remember, you have to install RJ Shortcut plugin, the latest edition.

Regards!

It worked... Thanks a lot... :lol:

Guest T&A Man

As someone who has never put a new homescreen on my phone before (owned an SPV E200 for about 2 weeks), is there anyway I can get a simple version of the OSX Homeskin to work on my App Locked SPV E200?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
Guest elhornet

It would be cool if the time/date stayed on the main screen as you scrolled through the dock ;]

Possible?

Oh yes and thanks for an awesome soloution to the problems with the original skin!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest elhornet

Just a quick one, I'm having a problem running this skin again after uninstalling it and removing all the components of it from the phone.

I've put the xml and images dir back onto the phone, but get an error message when I try to reload it, telling me no homescreen layouts can be found etc..

Any idea how to resolve this? The files are definently in StorageApplication DataHome ..

Guest kailes

can anyone offer any reason why my time shows 14:35 on this plug, even though my settings are set to show as 2:35, and if I revert to the default home screen the time is fine? also, how about getting it to launch power calendar rather than the default calendar app?

Guest Exodia

The time format has been set in the xml coding. Edit your xml to show the format you want. Check for help on doing that at remyjs website.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest JasonKenny

Carvas,

I've been using your (clock) version of DX's OSX homescreen...top quality work.

But

I got a C500 today and it doesn't seem to work.

I've decerted the phone and loaded RJShortcutm then installed OSX home screen .... at this point the orginal works fine.

BT

when I overwrite the xml file and add the clock gif then the phone refuses to show the homescreen ...it just jumps to the start menu screen.

Any ideas?

Regards

Jay