Losing bluetooth since update?

Guest kevlar

Guest Flash

I'm having the same problem. It started, strangely enough, after installing the recent official E200 Orange update. The M3000 headset was turning itself off after (on average) 1min 10secs. Yep, that precise! I rang O, only to hear the predicted 'no, definitely not the phone, it must be the headset'.

I emailed Plantronics and they said I should return the headset to them for repair / replacement. 5 days later I had a new one. (Incidentally, I've got nothing but praise for Plantronics - their customer services, etc. are second to none. Thanks Plantronics :D )

Everything appeared to work fine with the new set for a few days, then all of a sudden the headset started turning itself off again (I can only assume my earlier calls were below the 1m 10s. Now, I find it very unlikely that the second headset is faulty, or all the other headsets mentioned above in this thread. It is definitely a software problem with the phone, and something O need to sort out fairly quickly, especially as this is one of the headsets they sell as e200 compatible :roll:

Guest Rusty

Not only is my M3000 turning itself off seemingly at random when used with my E200, but now i've got a BT GPS receiver, the BT on my phone turns tself off at random now :evil: getting to be a total PIA, along with the numerous other problems i've got with this phone. I'm awaiting tech support but tbh am not holding my breath, i think the XDA2 is looking very attractive atm (E200 dropped to lowest tarrif, then sold on fleabay to pay Orange their 30 pieces of silver), Orange can stick their piss poor customer service where the sun don't shine.

Have a nice day :D

Guest inspectorgadjet

I have also had my E200 go a little crazy with the bluetooth since the update....so much for improved bluetooth. Before the update, the E200 worked with the Sony Ericsson HCB-30 bluetooth car kit. Well sort of. It let me speak to people about every second call. Since the update, it won't let me speak to anyone at all. It bonds and detects the headset ability of the car kit, but no one can hear me. I can hear them though.

BTW - I also had to have the E200 replaced due to the joystick being rubbish and not wanting to go downwards. The same thing happened with my E100.

I also had to have the E200 replaced due to the joystick being rubbish and not wanting to go downwards.

I have this same problem with my IMate Smartphone 2 :cry:

Guest racer

I am having the same problems with blue tooth heaset after update I was using bt200 headset which after update ws doing the turning off and poor sound. It worked really well before the update. I replaced the headset over the weekend for a g2 headset which the phone seems to work with but still poor sound quailty I have tried speaking to orange but keep getting told it is not there problem.

I have just had fun with headsets, I bought a Jabra BT200 on Easter Monday, it crackled so changed it for a Mini-blue as recommended in a post here:

http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php...eadset&start=30

That work brilliantly for two days then the rubber earbud came away from the headset. I now have a M3000 and was thinking of upgrading the rom on my e200. Not now :!:

Guest kevlar

I rang O yeasterday to see if they had any information for me ( I reported the problems I was having shortly after the update, must be about 3 or 4 weeks ago now ), they said that all the issues I had reported were being investigated. I said I wasn't very happy about this as I need to use my phone in the car a lot and can't at the moment. They said there was nothing they could do, just wait for tech support to sort it out.

I suppose I do have one of the first bluetooth paperweights in my m3000!

Kevlar

Guest Vector

lets just HOPE that in the next update, orange test it thoroughly, and cover all the problems that they have CAUSED in this update....

and lets hope that update comes pretty quick....altho if it is released soon it means that there would be less testing.. :?

Guest Baldrick

Thought I woz going mad :!: Flashed the ROM twice and still the M300 headset dumps after short while. Even rebonding is temporary. No wonder battery life is improved if no one can use BT now :D Phones great apart from that. Definitely sold on Smartphones if they can get this right SOON :evil:

Guest Hugh Smith

Hi,

Since the update I can no longer bond with my Jabra BT200.

The phone doesn't seem to notice the presence of the Jabra very often and when it does after typing in the PIN I get the message "Your device did not bond with JABRA BT200. The device could not be found or the Bluetooth PIN is wrong". (The PIN is 0000 as per Jabra Manual)

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hugh Smith

Guest kevlar

I sugest everyone having trouble with bluetooth since the update complain to orange, you never know, they may do something about it eventually!

Kevlar

Guest cpsteve

I have the same problem. Since installing that update i can no longer use the headset! I installed it and it worked fine, however once ending the call the headset will no longer work. The only way i can get it to work is to delete and re-install the partnership each time!! Has anyone got any further with Orange? They have done something that has messed up the bluetooth. The only device i use with bluetooth is my earpiece and now i can't even use that!!!

Guest carlosp_uk

OMG this is EXACTLY what's happening to me too!

I thought I was going mad! And, yes, it's just the E200 and Plantronics M3000 headset. And it actually turns itself OFF even though fully charged! It's happening lots now, about 50% of calls.

What the f*(&'s going on?! I mean, what exactly would cause the headset to turn OFF? Is there a bluetooth command to do this? Or does the headset just think that there's no devices operational nearby so it turns itself off to save battery power? (even though it's actually in a call!)

Anyone had any more progress with this? What should I do?

Guest kevlar

I think the heap of s**t I call my E200 is actually causing the headset to crash. Not sure if this is true but the effect is the same. I suggest you report it to orange. This has actually been taken out of my hands now as my joystick has just stopped working so my phone has to be sent away for repair, and hopefully will be replaced ( therefore no more f****d bluetooth!!! )

Kevlar

Guest pmchoc

Hi all

I have an M3000 and an updates E200 (how I wish I could load back the old ROM!) :D

Still I was wondering if anyone had a bluetooth headset that actually worked after the update, and if what is it and where can I get one!

I'm so sick of this now that I just want to junk the M3000 (which I know is not the problem) and get another head set

Ta

Pete

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bizbo

How odd that Orange shops are shipping the e200 with a plantronics m3000 and guess what it drops the call as has been mentioned here many times, is there any news on this.

I am not sure if I should be bothered to call orange as they will want to change the phone and the phone works really well other than that.

BizBo

Guest blewer

I phoned orange the other day. Was told it must be the bluetooth headset not the phone !!!!!!!

I tried to explain that it was only since the update and that the bluetooth works fine on other phones. Guy wasn't having it, he gave me motorola's phone number and passed the buck.

Did not really have time to listen to what I had to say.

Will try again in a few days and speak to someone else :roll:

Guest bizbo

:shock:

Yes spoke with Orange yesterday, got pushed from pillar to post but eventually got someone who stated "the plantronics m3000 is not tested on the E200, the following have been, Nokia, Sony/Ericsson and motorola.

I went to the Orange shop armed with this info, they changed the plantronics for a HBH-35 Sony/Ericsson and :) it works no problems at all.

So if you bought one a E200 and got a free BT headset go back and some ass

BizBo

Guest GD99

After upgarde, the operator version was 2.6.1.3

I'm using m3000 works well.

Would you also posted which version work normal, and which version was mistake?

Guest bizbo
After upgarde, the operator version was 2.6.1.3

I'm using m3000 works well.

Would you also posted which version work normal, and which version was mistake?

strangely the 2.6.1.3 is the version with the problem, however after much thought it could also be a problem with the m3000 software, I believe that if you remove battery cover there is a little piece of paper marked with GC or something similiar those are the firmware versions of the board on the m3000.

Makes me wonder if the plantronics device has different f/w revisions which either work better or not at all.

I do know that my m3000 switched itself off after 1.10 sec's :shock: I believe another poster had that time issue to. It wasn't possible to replicate the problem every single time but generally the first call in or out after a dormant period would cause the unit to totally shut off after 1.10.

However thats all in the past now! Hail the HBH-35

BizBo :)