Application does not appear in Xbar list of applications

Guest tim_007

Guest tim_007

Hi !

I am currently developping an application for my SPV running under smartphone 2002, using the Microsoft EMbedded VC ++.

My application runs correctly but does not appear in the list of tasks displayed by the tool Xbar (v. 1).

Does anybody know what could be the reason for this behavior ?

Note : I am using the function DialogBox to open my main (and only) window.

Thx (The audience is listening).

Tim.

Guest moo_ski_doo

Does it only not appear in XBar or does it also not appear in task manager? If it doesn't appear in task manager, does it appear when you unhide system apps? I believe that if it is considered to be a system app XBar won't display it.

Guest maxh2003

What's the window title bar set to?

IIRC, Xbar 1 (and maybe 2?) doesn't list windows which have no title (or, rather, a null title) - Orneta Notepad used to open windows without a title bar, and these windows didn't show up in xbar. However, if you turned on the Orneta Notepad "filename in title bar" option, then the window was given an actual title, and at that point the window would show up as an open application in Xbar.

Guest zeta101

im not a programmer , but i think it might because you dont have a name set for the title bar at the top, ie when you are in your inbox it says inbox at the top. I think if you dont specify the title bar name then xbar ignores it...the xbar developer will most likely know the exact reason though, cos im only guessing